Price Drop? File a Claim?

bahama_mama2015

Quick question.....

I booked a trip for next April....early saver $50 deposit.

I have been look for price drops. Today it is down $80.

Not a lot, but any on board credit is better then none!

I have not made final payment. Is it worth filing a claim or should I wait to see if it goes down more?

I have only paid about $350 on the total trip. I read somewhere that if I file the claim for the price drop I would then owe the total deposit. Would that be $250 or $500?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Quick question.....

I booked a trip for next April....early saver $50 deposit.

I have been look for price drops. Today it is down $80.

Not a lot, but any on board credit is better then none! Just a heads up - since you're before final payment due date, any adjustments will not be issued as OBC - it will be refunded back to your original form of payment. For example, if you paid with a credit/debit card, it would be refunded back to that card. The only time it's issued as OBC normally is AFTER final payment due date.

I have not made final payment. Is it worth filing a claim or should I wait to see if it goes down more? For me, $80 is worth it. And, with Early Saver, if it does go down more in the future, you can still get more price adjustments.

I have only paid about $350 on the total trip. I read somewhere that if I file the claim for the price drop I would then owe the total deposit. Would that be $250 or $500? Yes, if you file a claim and it's approved, your full deposit ($250 pp for a 7 day cruise) would be due immediately. SO you'd have to pay the rest of your deposit. If it's not paid, you run the risk of your cruise being cancelled. The only exception is if the new rate you're matching to also includes a reduced deposit.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

See my answers above in red.

Actually, bigman01 is incorrect about how the price drop will be treated. Since you haven't made final payment yet, they will simply reduce the total amount you owe. There is nothing to refund, since the cruise isn't paid in full yet.

And yes, you will have to pay the rest of the deposit. Be careful too, because they don't always notify you of the balance due. This happened to me once and the only reason I realized that money was owed was when I logged into my account and saw the amount owed. Luckily, they give you a short grace period to pay it. Sometimes, you will get an email stating your cruise will be canceled if you don't make the payment.

But definitely submit the form for the price drop. Every little bit counts. I got a ton of small price drops, sometimes just $20, for my 7/2 cruise this year. Saved hundreds of dollars altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, bigman01 is incorrect about how the price drop will be treated. Since you haven't made final payment yet, they will simply reduce the total amount you owe. There is nothing to refund, since the cruise isn't paid in full yet.

And yes, you will have to pay the rest of the deposit. Be careful too, because they don't always notify you of the balance due. This happened to me once and the only reason I realized that money was owed was when I logged into my account and saw the amount owed. Luckily, they give you a short grace period to pay it. Sometimes, you will get an email stating your cruise will be canceled if you don't make the payment.

But definitely submit the form for the price drop. Every little bit counts. I got a ton of small price drops, sometimes just $20, for my 7/2 cruise this year. Saved hundreds of dollars altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Will I just owe the rest of the balance? Or the total price of cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will I just owe the rest of the balance? Or the total price of cruise?

You will only owe the remainder of the deposit, assuming there are 2 people in the cabin, and it is a 7 day cruise, the total standard deposit is $500. The final payment date will not change because of a price reduction.

If you have paid $350 thus far, and you price match to a new rate that doesn't have reduced deposits, you will only have to come up with $150 to complete the $500 deposit (or the total deposit of $250 per person if there are more than 2 people in the cabin). Your final balance payment will be due on the original Final Payment date.

Edited by Rod in Az

Yes, you're right. I had a brain fart. The difference ($80 in this case) will simply be taken off of the amount you still owe.

Sorry about my mistake!

If you have paid $350 thus far, and you price match to a new rate that doesn't have reduced deposits, you will only have to come up with $150 to complete the $500 deposit. Your final balance payment will be due on the original Final Payment date.

Just want to clarify one thing here - the OP doesn't say how many people are in her cabin. We're all assuming it's only 2. But the deposit is $250 per person. So if there are in fact 2 people, the deposit would be $500. But if there are more than 2, just keep in mind that it's $250 per person.

Just want to clarify one thing here - the OP doesn't say how many people are in her cabin. We're all assuming it's only 2. But the deposit is $250 per person. So if there are in fact 2 people, the deposit would be $500. But if there are more than 2, just keep in mind that it's $250 per person.

Thanks for the reminder, I have modified my prior comment.

Additionally, the deposit is also dependent on the length of cruise, which I added also.

Actually you owe whatever the deposit it at the time you make the price adjustment. Right now isn't there a sale going on again for $50 deposits? If so you wouldn't owe anything more for deposits because once again there is a $50 deposit sale going on.

I booked under a $50 deposit sale, the later I changed rooms during a 1/2 price deposit sale. I had to pay the difference between the $50 deposits I paid and the 1/2 price deposits I would have to pay under the new sale, I did not have to pay the full deposits.

Actually you owe whatever the deposit it at the time you make the price adjustment. Right now isn't there a sale going on again for $50 deposits? If so you wouldn't owe anything more for deposits because once again there is a $50 deposit sale going on.

I booked under a $50 deposit sale, the later I changed rooms during a 1/2 price deposit sale. I had to pay the difference between the $50 deposits I paid and the 1/2 price deposits I would have to pay under the new sale, I did not have to pay the full deposits.

How about if they are doing half off deposits and $50 on board credit?

Would I be eligible for the on board credits?

Thanks!