Early saver 50% reduced deposits 10/24-31

BuckeyeCruiseGuy

I was going to book a cruise during one of the $50 deposit offers. Someone on here advised me that if the price of my category cabin drops, I would then owe the FULL deposit. And CCL has no responsibility to inform me and if the deposit is NOT paid, they can cancel my cruise without even letting me know.:confused: I had never heard of this. I wonder if this "rule" applies to this offer as well. :confused::confused:

I was going to book a cruise during one of the $50 deposit offers. Someone on here advised me that if the price of my category cabin drops, I would then owe the FULL deposit. And CCL has no responsibility to inform me and if the deposit is NOT paid, they can cancel my cruise without even letting me know.:confused: I had never heard of this. I wonder if this "rule" applies to this offer as well. :confused::confused:

:eek:

Doesn't make sense IMO to take advantage of a promo, pay the agreed upon deposit (even if reduced to $50), then be expected to personally monitor the cabin price for price.

Then be expected to submit the remaining traditional deposit balance (in what time frame are we talking?).

I like to save a buck as much as the next person but sure don't check the price of my cabin daily.:confused:

I must be missing something.

It is standard practice. The rate you book on is early saver. If you find a price drop you will switch to the rate, even if it is still early saver. Once you switch, if that rate does NOT have reduced deposits you are responsible for the difference to reach that deposit amount.

It makes a lot of sense to me that they do this. Same with booking with OBC as part of the promo. If you submit a price claim, the OBC is considered as part of it and will be taken away before the price of the sailing is.

Edited by cmukid87

I thought that if you submit a claim for the price drop, then you have to pay the full deposit if the new sale doesn't include the same reduced deposit as the promo that you booked. I didn't think they canceled your cruise automatically. You'd be aware of the drop if you submit a claim so you have the choice to ignore the price drop/sale in favor of your reduced deposit or you can get the drop and pay the full deposit. Is that correct? I'm thinking of booking as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought that if you submit a claim for the price drop, then you have to pay the full deposit if the new sale doesn't include the same reduced deposit as the promo that you booked. I didn't think they canceled your cruise automatically. You'd be aware of the drop if you submit a claim so you have the choice to ignore the price drop/sale in favor of your reduced deposit or you can get the drop and pay the full deposit. Is that correct? I'm thinking of booking as well.

I'm not sure people are aware that they will have to pay the full deposit if there is a price drop. I sure wasn't and I have submitted a bunch of claims thru the years for OBC due to price drops. Than again, I have never taken advantage of $50 deposit offers.

This is a copy and paste of the answer/advice I received.

Sometimes the rep will point this out if you call for a price drop. Sometimes they won't. And of course if you use the form to submit a price drop, there's really no way of knowing. You would find out when you look at your booking if it's not cancelled right away first. I almost always book with some type of reduced deposit. Then I work to get the full deposit is paid just so I cut down the chance of missing a price drop. Not that I've gotten any in a while. There's always a chance that you will catch a drop during a reduced deposit offer. You just have to be careful. The deposit terms must match.

Copy and paste of lst part of answer. For some reason they wouldn't paste together! :eek:

If you book with the $50 Deposit, then next week, there is a price drop,,,, if that new price drop IS NOT INCLUDED with the $50 deposit fare,,,, you will be required to pay the expected full deposits of $250 pp if 7 day cruise.

They may or may not tell you but this is in the terms and conditions of the new fare structure. If they don't tell you and you don't pay,,,, they may cancel your entire reservation without even telling you.

I'm not sure people are aware that they will have to pay the full deposit if there is a price drop. I sure wasn't and I have submitted a bunch of claims thru the years for OBC due to price drops. Than again, I have never taken advantage of $50 deposit offers.

Thanks for clarifying. I would expect to pay if I called for the price drop but I didn't know that it was automatic and that I needed to monitor daily to see if I had to pay the additional amount.

Thanks for clarifying. I would expect to pay if I called for the price drop but I didn't know that it was automatic and that I needed to monitor daily to see if I had to pay the additional amount.

With Early Saver you have to submit a form to get the price drop, it is not automatic. It is totally under your control. You will also have to pay the rest of the deposit and may forfeit any OBC if it is not on the new promotion. Early Saver is a great fare, but it has a lot of restrictions. If you are not comfortable with then, book another rate.