Celebrity Summit for a 5YO?

CathyCU03

My parents have offered to take my family, including my 5YO DD on a cruise to Bermuda next summer on the Celebrity Summit. We have only done DCL since my DD was born and I'm worried about the kids activities on the Summit. Can anyone tell me more about the kids programming? I'm assuming there will be a good amount of kids on a summer cruise which should help. Also what kind of dinning options are there for kids? I haven't been able to find any kids menus online. My DD can handle the dining room experience but it will be a struggle if she has to order off the adult menu. Thanks in advance for any insight or tips for traveling with kids on Celebrity.

There will be fewer kids than DCL, but the Bermuda itineraries attract more families. Expect heavier attendance for kids programs on your At Sea days.

There are indeed specific kids menus and kid-friendly food at the buffet. We had a good experience with fixed-time dining - our waiter had chocolate milk and applesauce waiting for my 3YO DD before we even sat down. If you prefer the select dining, you can ask for the same waiter if you had a good experience the night before. Ours did an excellent job making DD feel like she was being treated like a grown-up with her own menu and chocolate milk in a stemware glass.

There is a kids menu. It's pizza, chicken fingers type food so if that is what she likes she will be fine. The adult menus are a bit fussy and heavy for my taste but all MDR food is IMHO.

My kids don't do kids clubs and I haven't cruised DCL, but from what I have seen the kids club is more low key. No water slide for example. More crafts movies etc. Should be find for a most 5 year old girls.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My kids have been on the Summit to Bermuda three times over four years beginning when they were 5 and 8. They have never been on DCL, but have also been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean. They are not interested in kids clubs, but enjoy family activities like scavenger hunts and bingo. There is usually at least one family activity per day.They also enjoy the shows and musicians playing around the ship in the evening.

The Summit and Bermuda are their favorite ship and itinerary by far. In fact, we were talking about it just last night. I think we will return in 2018.

There is a kid's menu in the dining room. On our first cruise, it changed nightly (though it always had the standards). I think that has disappeared over the years for a single menu. My kids gave it up early, preferring grilled chicken, steak and/or pasta from the adult menu.

But the main attraction of this cruise is Bermuda. There is so much fun to be had off the ship and so many things to do. We still have a long list. Lucky you! Have a great time.

There is a kids menu. It's pizza, chicken fingers type food so if that is what she likes she will be fine. The adult menus are a bit fussy and heavy for my taste but all MDR food is IMHO.

Sorry to say no more chicken fingers. I attached the new kids menu which is quite nice. My kids eat it for the adult menu, but my younger one did try the fillet mignon one night and it was excellent. My kids eat off the adult menu, but keep in mind there is a lot on the adult menu that many kids will eat that is not stuffy, but not pizza or burgers. They have anytime shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, French onion soup, chicken (cooked plain), a steak, plain salmon, chocolate cake.

IMG_1477386661.422644.jpg.597cd05223c90c8fdfc914d802d72758.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My eleven year old daughter has been doing Celebrity cruises since she was three and loves the kids program. She actually prefers it to Disney because of the freedom and smaller size.