Question - Cabanas on CocoCay

TXHappyCruiser

I have been to Coco Cay through RC but not Celebrity. In the past on RC, cabanas could only be ordered in advance through the concierge and not on the site. I am in a Sky Suite but it appears cabanas are listed for purchase online in advance. Are these the same ones with the upgraded buffet or has RC/Celebrity added something new?

If they say cabanas then they're the original cabanas. If they say Beach Bungalows then they're different. New on South Beach, previously called Barefoot Beach. Next to them are the new Beach Beds on South Beach.

From the Celebrity Web Site for my cruise:

Beach Bungalows

Make family time in CocoCay even more comfortable and enjoyable when you reserve your very own Beach Bungalow. Nestled among palm trees on the shore of South Beach, your private bungalow is a haven of tranquility, a type of "members-only" area. With comfortable seating for up to six, it’s the perfect place to feel peaceful ocean breezes, soak up some sun if you like or simply watch waves gently tumble ashore. Everything you need is included: floating beach mats, water, and beach towels. ZCV3

2 mats and 4 bottles of water I believe.

I've been doing a lot of research myself on these... Originally had a Beach Bungalow booked but as it's only me I downgraded to cheaper Beach Bed.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

• 3 months later...

Hi All, we are traveling with an extended family group on Celebrity next week and I thought one of these would be a good idea for a home base. I just went online to book, the option came up to book for my family (2 adults, 1 child and one 3 year old who I wouldn't get charged for) and the website was charging $195 per person for this ($585). Can this be right? I was fine with the $195 for the day, but $600 for a few beach chairs and a couch seems a bit nuts (and that's without my other family members who I thought could come back and forth as they wanted). Is the reservation system wrong? Am I missing the incredible "value" of this experience somehow?

Hi All, we are traveling with an extended family group on Celebrity next week and I thought one of these would be a good idea for a home base. I just went online to book, the option came up to book for my family (2 adults, 1 child and one 3 year old who I wouldn't get charged for) and the website was charging $195 per person for this ($585). Can this be right? I was fine with the $195 for the day, but $600 for a few beach chairs and a couch seems a bit nuts (and that's without my other family members who I thought could come back and forth as they wanted). Is the reservation system wrong? Am I missing the incredible "value" of this experience somehow?

it's not a per person charge....yes the reservation system is screwy (the alcoves on board are the same way...only put in 1 person)....