Nachi Cocum snorkel

Nanner

I've been to Nachi twice before, and loved it. When I go with friends in March, we are considering signing up for the snorkel tour. If someone who has been on it can advise me about the excursion, I have a few questions. Does the boat have a decent amount of shade? We are a bunch of fair skins who fry easily.

Is there a ladder for getting in and out of the water? I've had knee replacement surgery, and am not about to go if I have to climb over the side of a boat.

Lastly, does anyone get in the water with you? One of our group hasn't snorkeled before, so she might feel safer with someone along who can assist.

Any info on equipment provided also welcome.

Have not been, but the folks next to us a while back enjoyed the tour. :cool: Looked like a smaller boat that day, no top/shade. :( Not sure about a guise in the water but every snorkel tour I have taken they have offered (and sometimes insisted on using) a snorkel vest - a few puffs of air should reassure your friend.

You might consider instead a stop at the Money Bar for an hour+ of great snorkeling from the shore before heading to NAchi for the rest of the day.

Edited by JohninDC

You might consider instead a stop at the Money Bar for an hour+ of great snorkeling from the shore before heading to NAchi for the rest of the day.

This is a good idea. A new snorkeler might feel a little intimidated if they have to jump into 20 or 30 feet of water. Especially if they are unfamiliar with their equipment. Every tour that I have done had a guide in the water with us. As for ladders, you never know. We did a tour in Costa Maya and the small boat had a ladder that was angled underneath the boat. I even had trouble getting in and that was when I was in decent shape.

Edited by clackey

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Nachi Cocum on October 14th. My husband and two grandsons snorkeled right from the beach and saw amazing fish as well as stingrays on the bottom. They snorkeled to the end of the pier to see all of this. Nothing really close to the beach. They had a great time. My youngest grandson was a little apprehensive; however, once out there he felt very comfortable. He knew he could swim right back up to the beach. They spent well over an hour out there. They even loved jumping off the end of the pier; however, you probably wouldn't want to do that.