Carnival check in time

sublarry

I just finished my online checking for the Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile and noticed they have one section where you select your boarding time. The earliest I believe was 12:30-1:00. I have not seen this before. Our last CCL cruise was in September last year.

Do they stick to this? I have always been told there was a time to show up, but typically we get there way before that and are on the ship around 11:00.

Thanks for any updates.

larry

We have not yet had to deal with the new staggered check-in time procedure but from all I have read on this board, they are pretty strict about disallowing entry to the terminal for check-in prior to your designated time. :( If you have not yet selected that check-in time and want to board as early as possible, do it now.

Edited by joepeka

I just finished my online checking for the Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile and noticed they have one section where you select your boarding time. The earliest I believe was 12:30-1:00. I have not seen this before. Our last CCL cruise was in September last year.

Do they stick to this? I have always been told there was a time to show up, but typically we get there way before that and are on the ship around 11:00.

Thanks for any updates.

larry

Yes, Carnival does stick to your check-in time. If you arrive before that time, you will be turned away; however, you may arrive later up until the all aboard time. This is fairly new to Carnival and they keep expanding it to more and more ports of embarkation.

It is CHECK IN time not BOARDING time.

With staggered check in you have to arrive no earlier than your selected time unless you are Diamond/Platinum/FTTF/Suite, or have a Carnival Airport Transfer or you will be waiting outside until your time. There are tons of threads on this subject if you do a search.

You are not allowed into the terminal until your check -in time , In Galveston you have 4 different check points that a Carnival employee looks at your boarding papers to verify your check in time , To early and you are turned away ... Check -in time , is not boarding time though , It is just when you are allowed to go into the terminal

Thanks for any updates.

larry

They stick to the time.

Thanks for any updates.

larry

You have to show up or check in not earlier than your selected time.