Jewel in March ... ? Bout St Lucia & Antigua

F27TW

We have the rest of the islands decided on as far as day activities/excursions but I'd love some suggestions for St. Lucia & Antigua tours either RC (or ..GASP.. other tour operators :p)

Any thoughts? So looking forward to this cruise!

I enjoyed both these ports very much. In St Lucia I did the Spencer tour to Sugar Beach/Jealousy Beach. It was a very nice day & such a beautiful beach. You get picked up at the port and taken around the island by boat to the beach and get to see some sights from the boat. In Antigua I did a Royal excursion to Prickly Pear Island. Such a beautiful, peaceful place!! I think they don't offer it anymore though. I have heard from other cruisers that the island, which is teeny tiny and family run, was having some problems, I believe after a hurricane, and they weren't always able to follow through on their bookings. If you are interested in it I would thoroughly look into it, as I heard about some people not being reimbursed right away after the island wasn't able to accommodate them the day they were in port. Very disappointing to hear, as it was such an enjoyable day when I was there. Just hours of lying on the beach under an umbrella on a tiny peaceful island, listening to the waves, being served rum drinks and having a delicious lunch. I loved it there!! [emoji2] I would recommend both tours, but as I said, look into the Prickly Pear Island one before booking. Both St Lucia and Antigua are so beautiful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

St.Lucia - Joys Adventure tour was great! You do a little of everything (sulfur baths, waterfalls, sugar beach and a delicious lunch)

Antigua - check out Adventure Antigua. If you're up for a thrill ride do the Xtreme tour - tons of fun and one of the best tours I did on the cruise

Wow .. Langleycruisers and Sweetlove .... thanks so much for the info ...!

Definitely points me in the right direction .. much appreciated!

And.. Prickly Pear Island .. love that name .. def. sounds like someplace I wanna be! ;)

St.Lucia - Joys Adventure tour was great! You do a little of everything (sulfur baths, waterfalls, sugar beach and a delicious lunch)

Antigua - check out Adventure Antigua. If you're up for a thrill ride do the Xtreme tour - tons of fun and one of the best tours I did on the cruise

Well, I like sedate and calm for sure!! My partners got it in his head that he wants to zipline .. . so ill check it all out .. thanks again!

• 3 months later...

Check out Creole Tours Antigua for a wonderful day excursion. We have done this tour before and are doing it again in March 2017.

It is a boat tour that takes you to Bird Island for swimming and lunch. Glen, the owner takes those that desire to a snorkeling area nearby. For those that choose not to snorkel, you stay on Bird Island and do what ever you like; explore the island or swim.

After the lobster lunch, Glen takes you to another snorkel area with shallow waters and lots of starfish. It was pretty amazing.

All drinks and food are included. Glen makes the best rum punch we have had in the Caribbean!

Enjoy your cruise!