Wwhat is the verdict on Margaritaville on Breakaway?

JAMESCC

Good luck with that! That was my plan too on the breakaway in November, but the waiter wouldn't bring me the nachos because it was just me. He said that's for several people.:eek:Good luck with that!

Several small children maybe. They don't look that big. I would be having a discussion with some officers if I was told that.

Several small children maybe. They don't look that big. I would be having a discussion with some officers if I was told that.

The photo lies then. It is a huge plate of nachos. If the wait staff actually said that, it was as a joke. If you want to spend money at Margaritaville, they will gladly take it.

If you have the UBP are the drinks free in Margaritaville ?

Yup! For an upcharge you can buy a souvenir blender mug, but other than that they're free (and I don't remember seeing anything above the $15 limit on their drink menu).

The photo lies then. It is a huge plate of nachos. If the wait staff actually said that, it was as a joke. If you want to spend money at Margaritaville, they will gladly take it.

I agree. The nachos were huge and delicious. There were 5 of us (4 adults) and we didn't finish them all. Granted we had other appetizers as well, but the order size is unbelievable.

I agree. The nachos were huge and delicious. There were 5 of us (4 adults) and we didn't finish them all. Granted we had other appetizers as well, but the order size is unbelievable.

The nachos are definitely worth the $7. They're huge and loaded with Chili, Cheese, Guacamole and Sour Cream enough for 4.

In the past on some of the Jewel class ships I remember them having Chips, Sour cream, and Guac and cheeses available at the main buffet, and outdoor deck area. On the Breakaway I never saw any Sour cream or Guac available, wonder if that's to push you to Margaritaville???

We got a couple of the pitcher glasses also.

Edited by Wilbsy

In the past on some of the Jewel class ships I remember them having Chips, Sour cream, and Guac and cheeses available at the main buffet, and outdoor deck area. On the Breakaway I never saw any Sour cream or Guac available, wonder if that's to push you to Margaritaville???

We saw tortilla chips and toppings in the buffet later in the evenings sometimes. (Edited to add this was on the Breakaway earlier this month)

Edited by C-line

On the Breakaway you can sit and chill at the bar (which is called Chill) with a drink - it's right beside Margaritaville. Unfortunately we didn't hear much Jimmy or any other country any time we were there earlier this month. We heard more Jimmy in O'Sheehans than we did at Margaritaville. It doesn't really have a Margaritaville vibe to be honest. That being said, the bartender was fantastic, as were the drinks. :)

Definitely agree that the drinks and bartenders there are great. We ordered Watermelon Margaritas but asked if they would make them frozen (they are rocks drinks on the menu) and they did so perfectly. You haven't lived until you've had a frozen watermelon margarita! :)

Definitely agree that the drinks and bartenders there are great. We ordered Watermelon Margaritas but asked if they would make them frozen (they are rocks drinks on the menu) and they did so perfectly. You haven't lived until you've had a frozen watermelon margarita! :)

Adding it to my list.

I think this has been more or less implied from a number of previous responses, but just to be clear, you can sit down at Margaritaville (or at least at the Chill bar) and not order any food items, right?

Chances are I'll probably splurge for a burger or some apps, but I don't want to be shooed out or given a side eye if I come and just use the UBP without getting any food (since it sounds like they have some unique marg recipes there).

I think this has been more or less implied from a number of previous responses, but just to be clear, you can sit down at Margaritaville (or at least at the Chill bar) and not order any food items, right?

I don't know about the tables, but you can definitely sit at the bar and just order drinks. The tables have never been busy any time we've been there (I've never seen more than three tables in use except at breakfast) so they might not have a problem with you sitting at a table and drinking without ordering food either.

On the Getaway, I'm not sure I ever saw anyone in Margaritaville, but maybe I just wasn't there at busy times. The location is kind of strange and it really doesn't have much ambiance.

We never ate at a specialty restaurant and had good food almost all the time, so I guess we can't judge!

We just got off the Breakaway on Sunday and we thought that Margaritaville was the most pleasant surprise of all on our cruise after hearing the negative vibes about the extra charges.

The burgers were among the best we have had on any cruise as well as their Margaritas!

We had lunch there several times (great on sea days) and yes, the nachos are huge and enough for 3-4 people.

There was even a guitar entertainer there at lunch time and we always got a window seat and enjoyed watching the sea while eating lunch.

It is correct that it is never crowded....the most we ever saw there was about 10-16 people.

The waiter took care of us and the margaritas kept flowing and we even ordered one to go to bring back to our balcony. :D

Don

I walked by it twice last week on the Breakaway and thought to myself, is this it? I was expecting a venue with lots of Jimmy Buffet music playing and in inviting place to eat. Instead it was a ghost town and just looked like another place to sit and eat.

I felt the same way! Does not in anyway have the flavor & feel of the land based restaurants. Doesn't even play Buffett music.:mad::(

Edited by bumorgan

Good luck with that! That was my plan too on the breakaway in November, but the waiter wouldn't bring me the nachos because it was just me. He said that's for several people.:eek:Good luck with that!

That's not true....I ordered the nachos and several margaritas and enjoyed my stay at Margaritaville.

I also saw another gentleman do the same.

Believe me, they take your money gladly!! :D

Don

Not sure if this has been covered, but Margaritaville was a great place for breakfast. NOBODY there...limited items but good enough if you don't want to deal with crowds for breakfast. And it's complimentary.

That's great to hear. I love the convenience of the buffet for breakfast on port days but often find it too busy. It's nice to know there is another option. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure if this has been covered, but Margaritaville was a great place for breakfast. NOBODY there...limited items but good enough if you don't want to deal with crowds for breakfast. And it's complimentary.

i enjoyed the quiet there but make note its limited menu there.

It was deserted almost every time I went by, except for during the morning when they serve free breakfast.

At its "peak" I think there were two families eating there. Sucks for the guitar player who has to sing to empty tables.

Horrible tacky gross cash grab on NCL's part. I doubt they've even made back what they paid to do the remodeling. UPTOWN GRILL FOREVER.