Drink package and show times

flcruisechick16

Hi there,

We are booked on the celebrity Infinity Nov 3 for 3 days for a nice kid free getaway. This is a pretty special event for my husband and I so we want to make sure everything goes great. We don't have any shipboard credit this time around, so we are planning to book and pay for most things before we go. We are hoping to get the premium alcohol package as my husband enjoys finer spirits and I like nice wine and champagne. Is it any better to book onboard? Pricing we have to pre book is $69 per day once all the fees and gratuities are added. Is it a better deal to wait til we board?

Also does any one know when the show times are? We want to book dinner restorations each night we just want to be able to make the shows if possible.

Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

Caroline

Oh and one more question. We were considering going to Tuscan Grill. Seems kind of pricey, I was on reflection last year and I felt like they may have discounted the alternative restaurants some nights. Is this common? Or should we just book in advance. Thanks again

Caroline

I saw folks with tablets every day, outside the Oceanview Cafe or as you re-boarded in port, offering discounts, usually at a particular restaurant for certain seatings. However, I also found I was able to wheel and deal, finding what restaurants had the best discounts on which nights. They have more info on those tablets than just the special they are trying to sell. Discounts seemed to range from thirty percent off to two-for-one.

Hi there,

We are booked on the celebrity Infinity Nov 3 for 3 days for a nice kid free getaway. This is a pretty special event for my husband and I so we want to make sure everything goes great. We don't have any shipboard credit this time around, so we are planning to book and pay for most things before we go. We are hoping to get the premium alcohol package as my husband enjoys finer spirits and I like nice wine and champagne. Is it any better to book onboard? Pricing we have to pre book is $69 per day once all the fees and gratuities are added. Is it a better deal to wait til we board?

Also does any one know when the show times are? We want to book dinner restorations each night we just want to be able to make the shows if possible.

Thanks so much for any information you can provide.

Caroline

Caroline, there is no advantage to waiting to book the Premium Drink package on board if you are not using OBC.

The shows on most of our cruises are usually 7 PM and 9 PM, but on some cruises it is different for Chic night. It is best to check the roll call for someone on the same itinerary as yours. (3 night cruise might be different)

I would wait until I got on board to book the speciality restaurant as they often offer special pricing especially if you are flexible. The first and last nights are usually safe bets for discounts, but I take longer cruises and have no experience with 3 day cruises. The Tucsan grill is in the process of updating their menus again and the shipboard pasta is excellent IMO.

Enjoy you Celebration cruise.

Caroline, there is no advantage to waiting to book the Premium Drink package on board if you are not using OBC.

The shows on most of our cruises are usually 7 PM and 9 PM, but on some cruises it is different for Chic night. It is best to check the roll call for someone on the same itinerary as yours. (3 night cruise might be different)

I would wait until I got on board to book the speciality restaurant as they often offer special pricing especially if you are flexible. The first and last nights are usually safe bets for discounts, but I take longer cruises and have no experience with 3 day cruises. The Tucsan grill is in the process of updating their menus again and the shipboard pasta is excellent IMO.

Enjoy you Celebration cruise.

I second this reply...I couldn't have said it any better. Book your package now, and book the restaurants on board. Another time they offer specials is on embarkation day...go "tour" the restaurants--they'll try to grab you and will likely offer a special.

Do the numbers also, to see whether just buying drinks as you go or getting a package works. We have been given packages the last few cruises, but if we didn't, we could never make the numbers work because we don't drink coffee, we don't drink alcohol or anything other than free iced tea and the ship's water and juice until evening. Some nights we don't even have one glass of wine.

First night you can likely get a good discount on Tuscan Grill. We love it. Never have been to it on Infinity, but we love it on the S class ships. Hard to tell on a 3 night cruise though, what it'll be like for discounts. Have fun. That's an awfully short time away, hope you can make it longer next time!

I second this reply...I couldn't have said it any better. Book your package now, and book the restaurants on board. Another time they offer specials is on embarkation day...go "tour" the restaurants--they'll try to grab you and will likely offer a special.

I also endorse this plan. I usually am able to get a 2 for 1 dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.

I believe show times are 7:30 and 9:00. Shows last approximately 1 hour.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by Sandtrap328

Hello Caroline,

For another perspective: while buying your drink package onboard does not afford you any discount, it may buy you some good will- the bartender you book with apparently gets some sort of bonus! It is an easy process- just tell any bartender you want to buy or upgrade your drink package and he uses your sea pass to charge it to your onboard account. He is then your friend for the entire cruise!

I *believe* that we got a helipad sailaway invitation from my DH's favorite bartender at the Sunset Bar on the Reflection when DH upgraded his classic package to the premium package with him, and then proceeded to tell everyone who sat next to him that upgrading was a great deal! I guess DH did a great job as the bartender thought my husband was in sales- which he is not!

Enjoy your cruise! Three days without kids is priceless! And the return to your kids is even richer!!!

Jen

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fantastic! Thanks everyone so much! OK so we will wait to book Tuscan Grill when we board. And the drink package we will either book onboard or before we go. We like to have to just so we don't stress about every thing we order (me) and my husband can have any flavor scotch or beer he wants :roll eyes:

We did a 7 day reflection last year with the kids, this is just a nice sneakaway for me and my husband. 20 years since our first date. We live in Florida so a cruise is a great quick getaway for us. Happy Sailing everyone!

Caroline