Upsell offer - help!

Guest arowe6

I received an email from my TA regarding a suite, aft, wrap upsell for our 14 day Australian cruise on Holland for $600pp. I was at work and I could not get to a phone fast enough. I called AND emailed,,,, took the offer and chloe45 is correct,,,,,,, we got hooked. It's Suite life for us.

We got the upsell while booked in a mini. Our usual choice. This next cruise is in a suite and will probably be the last one for a while. I retired early so money will be tight until I can collect social security. Booked an aft facing balcony for our cruise next year. I want to get DH used to a balcony cabin so I picked the best location. We did a B2B a couple of years back. First leg in a suite and second leg in a mini. DH whined "this is horrible". Are you kidding me! I notices that a lot of upsell to a suite for folks originally booked a balcony. One can only hope... My fear is that they will move us automatically (without our knowledge) to a forward mini. I wouldn't be happy with that. The difference in price is only $50/pp. For Princess this seems to be a no brainer and would free up a much coveted location. If it was the mini offered was mid-ship or aft I would be okay with that. Not sure if I would pay for an upsell. I know I can mark my booking to no upgrade but then I lose the chance of getting upgraded or upsold to a suite. I even thought about getting Princess to mark it mega upgrade only but a balcony to a mini would be consider mega. I decided to leave the booking as is and just wait and see.

I know I can mark my booking to no upgrade but then I lose the chance of getting upgraded or upsold to a suite. I even thought about getting Princess to mark it mega upgrade only but a balcony to a mini would be consider mega. I decided to leave the booking as is and just wait and see.

I always mark as no upgrade, but twice I received "offers". But that was on Holland America. Once from Lanai to Balcony and than from mini to Suite.

Not all upsells are a good deal. I was just offered an upsell from an oceanview mid-aft to a window mini-suite on the Island Princess in a couple of weeks for $398. The only window mini-suites are in the bow of the ship. I declined. Granted it's a 19-day cruise so it wasn't that much extra and I'd love a mini but not in the bow of the ship. Maybe the upsell fairy will pay another visit. This was the second upsell I've been offered for this cruise in the last couple of weeks.

We took an upsell from an inside to one of those window mini-suites on Island. In fact, it was the farthest forward cabin on Caribe deck - C202. We loved it. :) Only a few steps to the forward viewing deck so it was a bit like having our own giant balcony - minus furniture of course. There was almost never anybody out there when we stepped out.

In a hartbeat the owners suite is very nice lots of room and you get all the perks breakfast in sabatini's priority embarkation disembarkation tendering minibar canapes every night before dinner champagne onboarding and Elite status for the cruise

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app