What if Suitcase is Over 50 lbs?

ready2cruzagain

Exactly. The deal with my husband for me is "pack as much as you like, just be prepared to schlepp it!" I'm good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is what we do also.

Went to Australia and New Zealand for 6 weeks. We each had a 50 lb. checked bag, and a carry on, weighing no more than 15 lbs. And, I had my purse, and DH had a small backpack for his electronics. We did laundry a couple times and I carried all my own luggage, and he carried his. I can take what I want, I just have to be able to carry it. The longer we travel now, the less I want to take. I'm tired of schlepping it around!!

That is what we do also.

Went to Australia and New Zealand for 6 weeks. We each had a 50 lb. checked bag, and a carry on, weighing no more than 15 lbs. And, I had my purse, and DH had a small backpack for his electronics. We did laundry a couple times and I carried all my own luggage, and he carried his. I can take what I want, I just have to be able to carry it. The longer we travel now, the less I want to take. I'm tired of schlepping it around!!

Exactly.

I just want to go on vacation and still look like myself, dressed like I normally dress. Hence the packing requirements.

I recall reading a blog on packing tips. One was to bring your rattiest underwear on your trip and then just discard them as you go. Honestly, who wants to wear ratty underwear that ride up or whatever on vacation or any time?

Exactly.

I just want to go on vacation and still look like myself, dressed like I normally dress. Hence the packing requirements.

I recall reading a blog on packing tips. One was to bring your rattiest underwear on your trip and then just discard them as you go. Honestly, who wants to wear ratty underwear that ride up or whatever on vacation or any time?

LOL. Underwear doesn't really take up that much space. That's a weird tip.

Exactly.

:eek::eek:Oh my! I believe now I have read it all! LOL That has to be the worse advice I have seen. And here I was raised to always purchase new underwear when traveling...my mum would turn over in her grave!

The reason I have reduced my packing is when I got home there was always clothes and shoes I never wore & I really got fed up of hauling my luggage around.

Also I am from Europe and the airlines here are very strict on weight of luggage and I believe the weight allowance for flights is a lot lower here to.

As in regards to tip of discarding underwear that sounds like some made up tip by a magazine editor who in no way would travel that way. Underwear is the easiest thing to pack 😀🤔

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

This not the airport. They don't weigh the bags. My wife and both usually have 50 bags on the plane and then add things before we check them on ship. Easily over 55 lbs.

That must cost you a fortune or do you own your own plane!! :D

Or the airline!!

The reason I have reduced my packing is when I got home there was always clothes and shoes I never wore & I really got fed up of hauling my luggage around.

Also I am from Europe and the airlines here are very strict on weight of luggage and I believe the weight allowance for flights is a lot lower here to.

As in regards to tip of discarding underwear that sounds like some made up tip by a magazine editor who in no way would travel that way. Underwear is the easiest thing to pack [emoji3][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Absolutely true about European airlines. Just checked in for an EasyJet flight and was 1kg over. Had to pay an excess baggage charge. They don't alllow any flexibility. Stick to your 20kg (50lb) or pay up. Of course you have already paid for the bag. No free luggage allowance these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by sandancer