Happy Post!!! What are you looking forward to most on your next cruise??

My wife and I are looking forward to ... nothing. Well, to be honest, to doing absolutely nothing, to not be bothered by life's normal stresses and strains, and to the extent possible deal as little as possible with the rest of humanity. We are looking forward to finding isolated nooks and cranies on the ship where nobody else goes, to catch up on talk, on reading or whatever, and just being left alone just the two of us.

Michael

1. Getting out of cold weather.

2. The "ding" sound when we board.

3. Turning the phones off and putting them in the safe for a week.:D

I always loved to hear the "ding". It truly meant we were on a cruise. Unfortunately, Royal Caribbean changed their card process and you no longer hear that loved sound.

That being said, I love everything and look forward to everything but my cruise in January will be especially exciting since my 2 best friends are sailing with me for their very first cruise.

Not having to cook the turkey this year!!

What is the rest of my family going to do?

I don't care!!:):)

I'll be snorkeling somewhere!!:D:D

This Thanksgiving cruise we will be in our first Grand Suite on an 11 night cruise and that alone will be exciting....

I will be on the same cruise as Ocean Dancer!! I feel the same way as you do!

I do go out before I leave for my Thanksgiving cruises, this is one of many over the past few years, and purchase a turkey dinner from Kroger's that my family can go and pick up on Thanksgiving morning!! I am if nothing else considerate of my family - even if I never invite them on the cruise with me!! :D

It's not my next cruise, but in a year from now I am bringing my mom on her first ever cruise, her first ever real trip. She has been by my side through multiple brain surgeries and radiation, multiple hospital stays ( even flew to Europe when I was there for 3 months ), she is the very best mom ever and I can't wait to make happy memories on a cruise of a lifetime.

For me, seeing new cruisers react to cruising for the first time is amazing!! I cannot wait to see my fiancé react to the size of the ship, the beauty of our hump balcony, the grandeur of the main dining room, the awesomeness of the stars at night from the decks, the water in Cozumel and the general great vacation we will have cruising!

The best part is I'm taking my best friend/maid of honor on her first cruise the very next month (on the same ship and itinerary lol but I don't care)!! Lol so I get to relive that feeling all over again! I totally live vicariously through first time cruisers! I love it so much! My fiancée and my best friend have always said no to cruising until I said I want my wedding on an RCCL ship! Now they both want to experience it! I'm hoping they have a great time but my anticipation of them experiencing the awesome vacay that is a cruise is more exciting than me actually cruising! How about you??

I love your spirit, cruising is all about having fun and not sweating the small stuff. We know everything is not going to be perfect, but who cares, I am on a cruise!!!

For me, seeing new cruisers react to cruising for the first time is amazing!! I cannot wait to see my fiancé react to the size of the ship, the beauty of our hump balcony, the grandeur of the main dining room, the awesomeness of the stars at night from the decks, the water in Cozumel and the general great vacation we will have cruising!

The best part is I'm taking my best friend/maid of honor on her first cruise the very next month (on the same ship and itinerary lol but I don't care)!! Lol so I get to relive that feeling all over again! I totally live vicariously through first time cruisers! I love it so much! My fiancée and my best friend have always said no to cruising until I said I want my wedding on an RCCL ship! Now they both want to experience it! I'm hoping they have a great time but my anticipation of them experiencing the awesome vacay that is a cruise is more exciting than me actually cruising! How about you??

This is the most upbeat, positive post I have seen. I feel good for you. May all your cruise wishes come true! Good luck with the wedding. You are a breath of fresh air.

Last cruise was 12 day cruise Europe with many long 10 hour plus excursions with lots of walking, looking forward to our normal relaxing Caribbean cruise where I may or may not leave the ship when it docks

Just read this and I 100% agree. My last cruise was a 10 day European sailing and my next tentative cruise is a 7 day Bahamas cruise ... I may come off the ship once, just to say I got off.

Chef's Table, Chop's Grille, exploring a new ship..... AND NOT COOKING OR CLEANING OR WORKING FOR SEVEN DAYS!

Close your eyes and for a minute pretend the ship is pulling away from the dock about to start a 88 day world cruise that starts with five sea days.

Now what are you going to do different? Bring enough undies?