Fram to Antarctica Nov 27 - Dec 16, 2016

RobC1116

We booked this cruise almost a year and a half ago, and we can't believe it's almost time! Antarctica has been a lifelong dream of mine, and we are also looking forward to the Falklands and South Georgia Island. We are arriving in Buenos Aires on the 26th. Anyone else on this cruise? I'm getting a little anxious as we haven't received any cruise documents yet (other than the travel agency's confirmation), but I understand Hurtigruten send docs about three weeks ahead. Can any confirm? Thanks!

I was booked on this trip but sadly had to cancel as my partner recently (and suddenly) passed away.

I know of at least one other forum member (digitl) who will be on board with you.

Three weeks ahead for the documents sounds about right (but we're getting there). Maybe ask your TA to get in touch with Hurtigruten.

I was booked on this trip but sadly had to cancel as my partner recently (and suddenly) passed away.

I know of at least one other forum member (digitl) who will be on board with you.

Three weeks ahead for the documents sounds about right (but we're getting there). Maybe ask your TA to get in touch with Hurtigruten.

Sophie, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your partner. I've just read your tribute to him on your blog and was very moved. All the best to you at this difficult time.

Many heartfelt thanks LittleFish.

(Oh, and this is off-topic here, but if you have done your Hurtigruten trip, I would love to know how it went).

Thank you so much for remembering my travel plans! My adult daughter and I travelled on the Spitsbergen from Bergen to Kirkenes during early October. Our entire stay in Norway including the ship was an absolute dream; I knew I would love Norway but wasn't prepared for quite how beautiful it would be. The weather was, apparently, unusually fine; we had sun for 8 days in a row. It only rained on our last day on the ship. I started planning my next trip whilst still on board!

I thought the cabin and the overall facility of the ship was fantastic. The cabin was really well designed and stylishly simple and CLEAN. Not having any previous experience of Hurtigruten ships I had no memories of previous decor etc (as per your earlier comments about the bland re-styling of some of the ships). I can understand that the change might be unwelcome but for someone with no prior experience I found it quite pleasant.

I thought the food was terrific. Having read the reviews on this board, I was expecting the food to be adequate but nothing marvellous, but it exceded that by quite a fair margin (although I am very fond of fish...and hard cheese and good bread so maybe I was an easy audience!).

Lots of photographs were taken and I look forward to getting a chance to load them to my computer and really have a good look at them but every shot becomes a masterpiece of sorts due to the breathtaking beauty that surrounds you constantly.

In short, I loved Norway and I loved the Hurtigruten experience and I can't wait to go again. Thanks for your help and advice while I was still in the planning stage.

...I started planning my next trip whilst still on board! ... I loved the Hurtigruten experience and I can't wait to go again.

And don't forget that you now qualify for a 5% discount on your next Hurtigruten booking. Fram and Antarctica await...!