Cheese of the Summit

bookitdanno

Recently off of the Silhouette, leaving soon on Summit.

One of the things my wife really like on the Silhouette was the cheese station in the Oceanview Café at lunch, a very nice assortment of cheeses.

I realize that Summit has a smaller Oceanview, but does anyone know if there is anything on Summit at all equivalent to that cheese station?

Thanks in advance!

I've just left Summit (Oct 22nd) and can happily report a reasonable cheese selection (Blue, Emmental, Cheddar, Brie, Gouda) every day. My only disappointment is that you've just reminded me that I never got around to trying the cheese accompanied by a smooth glass of port, especially as I had the premium beverage package. Sometimes there's never enough hours in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad to hear this. DD is an absolute fanatic for cheese (especially bleu cheese). When hubby and I were on the Equinox in the Mediterranean two years ago, there was NO bleu cheese to be found anywhere. I kept having to ask someone and then they'd go hunt some down.

Where might we find this yummy cheese station on the Summit?

Brings back memories of the Normandy cheeseboard. We regretfully had to tell our waiter we were too full to enjoy. He was kind enough to have a selection delivered to our room.

I was thinking the same thing. I recall I tried a sample of all 4 different blue cheeses they had on the board...we are really worries that we won't enjoy the Tuscan as much as the Normandie.

It may vary from ship to ship, even cruise to cruise but on the Constellation earlier this year it was in the buffet, on the port side about midway through the buffet line. In any case, just circle the buffet and you'll find it.

So glad to hear this. DD is an absolute fanatic for cheese (especially bleu cheese). When hubby and I were on the Equinox in the Mediterranean two years ago, there was NO bleu cheese to be found anywhere. I kept having to ask someone and then they'd go hunt some down.

We have had a pretty good cheese platter delivered from Room Service in the past that had a lovely bleu cheese on it. When in a suite last time on Connie, we had a cheese and cracker platter delivered most afternoons by the butler. That also had a delicious bleu - not sure if it was the same as the usual Room Service platter.

Do they still serve a small buffet in the Sunset Bar during sailaway from each of the ports? There was always music accompanying, and this was the highlight of our last cruise on the Summit.

They did not do this on the Equinox, however and we really missed it.