Grandeur Question? OK?

bobvb22

Just wondering if there are any issues with the Grandeur. I noticed yesterday that it labored into port at Nassau fighting thru some rough seas. Then i noticed that the 2 tug boats needed to turn the ship around in the lagoon area so it can back into the dock. Today I noticed the Grandeur is still in port on Nassau vs I think it is supposed to be in coco cay today.

So not trying to alarm anyone, but I am curious.

I am wondering the same thing. I would guess though if there are rough seas they decided tendering in Coco Cay was out and decided to substitute an extra day in Nassau. I would think if there was an issue with the ship they would be heading back to Baltimore at a slower pace.

Roy

According to a twitter post, they cancelled Coco Cay and stayed overnight and all day today in Nassau due to high winds. Believe me, I have an interest as we're boarding GR on Monday.:D

Edited by BND

According to a twitter post, they cancelled Coco Cay and stayed overnight and all day today in Nassau due to high winds. Believe me, I have an interest as we're boarding GR on Monday.:D

Have a wonderful Halloween cruise.

Roy

Does anyone know if they are skipping Freeport Grand Bahamas because of the damage from Hurrican Mathew?

They weren't going to Freeport. Cococay was their last port before returning to Baltimore on Monday morning. This cruise was scheduled for Charleston, Port Canaveral, Miami, Nassau and CocoCay.

Edited by BND

Yup. Had to skip Coco Cay because of weather and spent an overnight in Nassau, a few years ago. Not the itinerary we would have chosen, but oh well! We were on a cruise ship and had a lot of fun. Given my druthers I druther be safe than sorry. Last time we were on Grandeur (been on lots of other ships, too) we had to leave Cozumel early because of Hurricane Wilma. Several people missed the ship even tho' notices were given early on.

They weren't going to Freeport. Cococay was their last port before returning to Baltimore on Monday morning. This cruise was scheduled for Charleston, Port Canaveral, Miami, Nassau and CocoCay.

ohh okay..Our Nov 12th cruise is supposed to but I heard that Freeport wasn't opened for cruise ships and they seem to be leaving us in the dark

ohh okay..Our Nov 12th cruise is supposed to but I heard that Freeport wasn't opened for cruise ships and they seem to be leaving us in the dark

Your itinerary is a little different as it has Freeport. We're doing the same 9 night in April 2017 that is the current one. Check the port of call threads for Freeport and there should be info there about whether it's open.

Just wondering if there are any issues with the Grandeur. I noticed yesterday that it labored into port at Nassau fighting thru some rough seas. Then i noticed that the 2 tug boats needed to turn the ship around in the lagoon area so it can back into the dock. Today I noticed the Grandeur is still in port on Nassau vs I think it is supposed to be in coco cay today.

they were in port in Baltimore this morning as i saw it driving into work downtown and they were loading up supplies for the next cruise which leaves today. My friend from work is on it today. It is a 12 day and it appears to be fine.

We were on that sailing nothing wrong with the Grandeur just high winds everything coming in to Nassau used two tugs. They really didn't want any at dock collisions.

We stayed overnight in Nassau Cococay cancelled due to high winds. We have been told that a pier is being built and should be completed in January at Cococay so that winds will no longer effect stopping there. No more tenders will be needed.

We had aft balcony mini and engines were smooth as glass, no vibration except as expected at docking. We were happy about everything onboard except new menus, food really downhill in MDR!!!

George in NY