Luggage question

blambition

Our cruise ends in Miami, however we are flying out of Fort Lauderdale. By chance does Oceania have a program that you can check your luggage through to the airport? Our flight is not until 6 PM. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They do not offer such a program, probably owing to the scant number, proportionally speaking, of Oceania Cruises, which use Miami.

In your situation, I'd probably suggest renting a car for the day from a large Rental company which will allow you to return the car to FLL and storing the luggage in the trunk.

You could also take a shuttle to FLL & use bagstogo.com to store your bags then go off to explore[/QUOT

I'm not sure that their timing allows for all of that, the Airline is going to want them back at the airport by 4pm for a 6pm flight; the car is a one stop fix.

You could also take a shuttle to FLL & use bagstogo.com to store your bags then go off to explore[/QUOTe]

I'm not sure that their timing allows for all of that, the Airline is going to want them back at the airport by 4pm for a 6pm flight; the car is a one stop fix.

Of course that is a more flexible option

then again by the time you go to the car rental place (usually at MIA), stand in line then get on the road you could be in FLL :D

Edited by LHT28

After looking at bagstogo, I am thinking we might use that. It seems like a nice choice and then we could always take a shuttle to a convenient hotel and have a nice leisurely lunch possibly around the pool, and then take the shuttle back to the airport. May look into getting a day room. I'm not that interested in touring Fort Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another suggestion

not sure where you are flying to but one cruise we had a bunch of people arrive about 9am at MIA but their flight was not until late afternoon

we were on the 12:20 flight so not a problem

Some were able to get on the earlier flight for a small fee

Might be worth checking

if staying in FLL area try http://www.sunny.org for options