Solstice sky suites

wineisit

I am planning an Alaskan cruise for Early June. My husband wants a suite. The aft ones appear to have large balconies. The only 2 available on the Solstice for that date are 1403 (10) and 7307 (7). I'd like the higher deck, but in the pics it appears there is an obstruction. A very old thread mentions window washing equipment. Is anyone familiar with this suite? Will the basic ship structure change with the overhaul it is having this fall? So excited, thanks for any info.

1538629581_Solsticeaftwithcabinnumbers.jpg.816b632626daae749194585a13b939bf.jpg

I am planning an Alaskan cruise for Early June. My husband wants a suite. The aft ones appear to have large balconies. The only 2 available on the Solstice for that date are 1403 (10) and 7307 (7). I'd like the higher deck, but in the pics it appears there is an obstruction. A very old thread mentions window washing equipment. Is anyone familiar with this suite? Will the basic ship structure change with the overhaul it is having this fall? So excited, thanks for any info.

Hi, we had an aft Sky Suite on the eclipse which should be the same layout, absolutely loved the large balcony although you are right about the window washing machine as we had originally booked deck 10 but changed cabins when we realised it would spoil our view. Deck 11 was sold out so ended up on deck 9 which was great. Enjoy your cruise.

Not to worry, the window washing equipment in the bottom corner does NOT ruin the view. We sail aft S1 sky suites most times and we have had the one on deck 10 that has it. It's a non-issue, really. You have a very wide balcony and it wraps around the corner. The equipment is low and in the corner on the outside and it will spoil some of the view when you're standing right there in the corner looking down at the decks below. Believe me, I'd sail in it again. We always prefer the penthouse deck just because it's the highest deck that doesn't have public rooms above it.

Much of the cruise the window washer is busy and on port days during the day sometimes if you're in the room there might be a little motor hum but it's also a non issue. We were on a 14 night cruise and not one moment did it bother us that it was there. Like the poles in the room. A non-issue.

Just fyi sailed in the corner ss1 on the silly. The window washing equip is neat the port hole window. Just fyi the balcony is very suunny all day. We couldn't use it as we do not like the sun. Also depending upon the wind the balcony gets very sooty. Do not hang things on it. If an s2 is available take it