Beverage package sale question

We are doing a three night cruise in January. I have received a couple of emails about beverage package discounts, up to 30% off. It seems that they are constantly discounting the package, is that true or do I need to purchase it before the sale ends?

Also did they do away with the beer/wine package? The only package showing in my cruise info is the deluxe. Can we get a lesser alcohol package once on board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They did do away with the beer/wine package. Now, the Deluxe Package is the only alcohol package you can get.

As for price, it's complicated. The pre-cruise price is almost always 20% to 30% off of onboard prices, but that can vary. For instance, I paid $44/day for my November cruise. It was listed at 20% off, so that would mean that the onboard cost was $55. THEN, they had a weekend sale for 30% off and the price dropped to $38/day. So, I cancelled and rebooked.

NOW, it is listed at 30% off, but it cost $44. So, that doesn't make sense. I guess the onboard price went up to $62.50. There is no way I would pay that much because I don't drink that much. I'm glad I got the $38 price.

So, I'm not sure what to tell you about the price. If it was me, I would purchase now and just watch the price. If it drops, then you can cancel and rebook.

... So, I'm not sure what to tell you about the price. If it was me, I would purchase now and just watch the price. If it drops, then you can cancel and rebook.

I agree with this. There's no way to predict future promos, so I'd take what they are offering now.

On a 7 day cruise can you but the beverage package for certain days or do you have to purchase it for the whole cruise?

Pre-cruise purchases would be for the entire cruise.

Once onboard, you can purchase for a partial cruise, however you cannot pick and choose days. You must purchase with at least 4 days left in the cruise, and it must last until the end of the cruise. You may find ships that allow purchases for less than 4 days, but that is not universal.