Platinum debarkation Port Canaveral question

A&Jfamily

My next cruise will be first as Platinum. REVISION:

I just discovered the Day use at the Hyatt for $99, and as our flight doesn't leave until 4:25, this is well worth the money so that we can enjoy the pool, a private TV and not have to tote our luggage through the airport all afternoon.

So, how does Platinum debarkation work? I would like to be off the ship by 9; we have our private transportation already booked and we will just have them drop us.

Edited by A&Jfamily

I just got of Valor at Port Canaveral this morning. I was off by 7:15. I am Platinum as well. Very quick and easy.

What is the routine for getting off as Platinum? Do you go to a specific lounge? We usually like to eat in MDR - we vacate room by 7:30/8 so staff can clean, and just take our luggage. As Platinum is it easier for CCL to take it off?

You can get off 1st if you go self assist , otherwise you go to the piano bar by the front dining room & wait till they take you off after self assist is finished . they take you down in the elevators , out the door and into the terminal , then you get to search for your luggage in the zone 1 area , then go thru immigration & out to the parking lots

Edited by sammy1956

You can get off 1st if you go self assist , otherwise you go to the piano bar by the front dining room & wait till they take you off after self assist is finished . they take you down in the elevators , out the door and into the terminal , then you get to search for your luggage in the zone 1 area , then go thru immigration & out to the parking lots

So say we were still at breakfast when they started self-assist. Do we have to join the herd or can we by-pass that?

If you want to stay on the ship til around 9am you can. About 930am they start to clear the ship. Being platinum you will probably be in the one first two zones called and off the ship early. You have to be out of your cabin by 8-830am. Self assist can leave at anytime you wish to. If you have the time waiting until 9am makes it easer to complete the debarkation process. Most of the passengers are off the ship. We are platinum and have done this on a few occasions. Last time out of P.R. we had to get off early for an excursion, after we found our luggage we waited about an hour to clear customs. Just a suggestion, if you are sure you going to stay on board until 9am exchange your lower zone numbers for higher ones, You will find your luggage easier. Two cruises ago my luggage was moved from where it was supposed to be and had to look all over the terminal for it.