Baltic: Weather & sea conditions to expect in May?

Canuker

Currently looking at several May (maybe June) 2017 cruises around the Baltic. Never been before.

What weather and sea conditions can we expect, please, at that time of year?

We do know that daylight hours are 16+.

We are going for the destinations; we do not anticipate much time "sunning" out on deck, so looking to come back enriched rather than with a Caribbean tan!

I'm guessing this question has been answered before; if you know a thread URL, I'd be obliged if you could point to that, please.

Many thanks.

PS we are Canadian, so variable temps not an issue for us.

Rain? 3 metre waves? Well, that's not so good.

Edited by Canuker

Temperatures probably, but not necessarily, in the 10-25 degrees range, weather varying from sunny to wet. You'd be better off waiting until the day before and checking the ship's daily newspaper.

Have you googled the ports? They will give you an average temperature, but of course they won't tell you whether it will rain.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I know there are places on earth (possibly including Toronto?) where the weather is predictable months in advance; the Baltic Sea isn't one of them.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

We took this trip last May on the Regal Princess! The weather was slightly cool and we wore light, not heavy, jackets and jeans. The seas were calm and we did have some light rain in a few ports. We did a lot of walking without sweating.

Since May is the beginning of the season, expect good cruise rates. In fact, we were upgraded from balcony to mini suite after final payment due to rates dropping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app