Carnival Elation shuttles

msstarr22

I am sailing on the Elation for the first time in January. I have booked a pre-night hotel but need transportation to the port. I have searched but only find old threads. Anyone have info on who to use, costs, time it takes to get from airport hotels to the port? Not my first CCL cruise but I am working my way around. I got a great price so I booked a fantasy class as it has been a while since I've cruised one. I loved the Imagination so I wanted to give it a try on the Elation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.:D

The port is JAX and you an get lots of suggestions on the Florida Departures board under North American Homeports. Depending on where you booked your hotel, a taxi would be the best. If you are staying at a hotel near the airport, it is only about a 10 minute ride. EM

Ah Jaxport ;) , Just watch your taxi drivers, they enjoy taking you on the longer route to the ship. The shuttle service from the hotels is not all that grand, they pick up from several local hotels. We have been transported to one destination only to have to wait for another shuttle.

What port ?

Yes I should have been a bit clearer, I was watching the Tribe game so forgive me. Jax is the port and the hotel is Springhill Suites Airport. I have been to Jacksonville before and I know weekday traffic is a real pain. I wanted to veer away from taxi service but will still leave the option open if the fares are set fares. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by msstarr22
typo

We stayed at that hotel pre-cruise last March, and yes they do have a shuttle service. I don't know how great it is because we didn't use it, but I do know it's available. You may want to call the hotel directly and speak with them. I know the service they use also serves other hotels in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Question - since we are speaking of transport to the Jax port - I have never been there before but we live in state and will only need to drive and park. Do we need to make a reservation at the port parking lot or an we just drive up, oark and unload our bags? Also does anybody have any suggestions for park and go lots in the area - they are usually how we go but have not have great experience with th eons in Miami - take too long to pick up you after the cruse - last time we waiting an hour and had to finally call them to come and get us so we could drive home. Any suggestsion/comments? All comments are welcome.

• 5 weeks later...

We just got back from cruising on Elation out of JAX. We had two cars driving down from Alabama. I reserved 2 spots at Global Parking Mall directly across from the terminal for $30 less than the terminal charges. Getting TO the terminal was very fast, return was a little bit slower and there's no organization so those with more luggage to lug couldn't get to the vans fast enough before those with less luggage ran up and filled it...even if they'd just walked up and you had been waiting for some time. If you do use this service, and I definitely would again, make note that the pick up for The Parking Mall is the very first section you come to when exiting the terminal and heading right towards the terminal lots. I overheard one man saying he had been waiting further down in the wrong spot for an hour.

I am sailing on the Elation for the first time in January. I have booked a pre-night hotel but need transportation to the port. I have searched but only find old threads. Anyone have info on who to use, costs, time it takes to get from airport hotels to the port? Not my first CCL cruise but I am working my way around. I got a great price so I booked a fantasy class as it has been a while since I've cruised one. I loved the Imagination so I wanted to give it a try on the Elation. Any help will be greatly appreciated.:D

I stayed at the Microtel at the airport in Jax. The hotel arranged my shuttle service to and from the port. Contact your hotel for info. Only a 10 - 15 minute ride to the port.