Taking a laptop on Pacific Dawn - am I allowed?

catjim

I am going on Pacific Dawn in a couple of weeks and very excited.

Am I allowed to take my laptop on board? There seems to be conflicting information.

I will already have it with me, so is a bit of a problem if I can't.

I cannot see why not.. I took my laptop on the pearl, and my iphone and my ipad.. not a problem..

Thanks Sanjanjo

In the FAQs it says:

'For your safety, we don’t allow the use of electrical appliances, so leave those at home too'

AND

'Electricity on Pacific Dawn, Pacific Jewel and Pacific Pearl 50 Hz (Hertz) is the standard electricity frequency in Australia. Our ships can only deliver electricity at 60 Hz and can’t change the frequency (Hertz) of the power supply. A transformer converts electricity to different voltages and will not alter the supplied frequency. Most Australian electrical equipment designed to work at 50 Hz won’t work on our ships or will be damaged if used.'

My charger says that it's 50 - 60 Hz so should be OK.

I just didn't want to get there to embark and have them say 'oh no, you can't take that onboard'.

Anyone else have any experience?

The statement "'For your safety, we don’t allow the use of electrical appliances, so leave those at home too" was written with regards to things like hair dryers, straighteners, irons and so on - things that you find in the appliance section of a department/electrical store.

No problem with laptops.

The statement "'For your safety, we don’t allow the use of electrical appliances, so leave those at home too" was written with regards to things like hair dryers, straighteners, irons and so on - things that you find in the appliance section of a department/electrical store.

No problem with laptops.

Brilliant, thank you