I think I made the wrong choice- Help? Escape Penthouse Aft #14300

cruisin counselor

Hello All,

I have not posted in several years as we took a break from cruising.

But yesterday I booked a Haven Penthouse Aft Suite #14300 on the Escape. I think I'm in the minority but I wanted one of the rooms with the windows in the bathroom.

However, as I'm reading these boards I noticed that I may have not made the best choice in regards to a large balcony. Is there another room that I could

book that has the largest balcony and the windows in the bathroom? What

is the process to change? I booked online. Thanks in advance for any advice. We are so excited for the trip, my family knows about the cruise but not about the Haven and suite so I want them to be wowed when we get there.

I just went to google and plugged in Escape Aft Penthouse Room 14300 and there is a video showing the exact room -

This appears to have the largest balcony as it is wrap around and there is a large window in the bathroom. Looks like a keeper to me! Happy Cruising.

I just went to google and plugged in Escape Aft Penthouse Room 14300 and there is a video showing the exact room -

This appears to have the largest balcony as it is wrap around and there is a large window in the bathroom. Looks like a keeper to me! Happy Cruising.

That balcony is huge! What a beautiful room!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hello All, I have not posted in several years as we took a break from cruising. But yesterday I booked a Haven Penthouse Aft Suite #14300 on the Escape. I think I'm in the minority but I wanted one of the rooms with the windows in the bathroom. However, as I'm reading these boards I noticed that I may have not made the best choice in regards to a large balcony. Is there another room that I could book that has the largest balcony and the windows in the bathroom? What is the process to change? I booked online. Thanks in advance for any advice. We are so excited for the trip, my family knows about the cruise but not about the Haven and suite so I want them to be wowed when we get there.

Keep the room. It's fine. And you get the separate living room which is really nice. We had a forward facing Havens penthouse on the Escape a few months back and enjoyed it a lot. No window in the bathroom, but a big forward facing porthole.

LOL hilarious thread. I've booked a terrible suite, please help me.

Wow! I'm not on these boards often so maybe I misunderstood the purpose.

I thought this was the place to come if you needed the advice of people who cruise often and can share their knowledge.

I'm going to share a little so perhaps in the future you won't make assumptions

and be a little kinder to the next person.

I upgraded to the haven as a surprise for my family. My husband and I are both educators. We save up our money to take a vacation every few years and feel fortunate to have a little extra to put back, many people don't. I got a good deal on the booking and I'm doing some tutoring and a few other little side jobs to put money back over the next year to pay for the upgrade. I'm so excited to get to enjoy a little luxury for the week and can't wait to see my family's faces when we get to our suite. Maybe because of those things I want to make the best decision with my money. When I got on these boards and read that the balconies are all sizes I worried that I had chosen the wrong room and I am appreciative of the helpful and kind responses.

If my post sounded like bragging then I apologize that wasn't my intention. But please don't assume you know of everyone's circumstances.

I woke up this morning before heading off to my full time job (like most here I'm sure) and then to my second job and then to run my children to all their activities and then home to make dinner and help with homework( again, like many on these boards I'm sure). So I will end this already long post.

I hope your day goes well and your next vacation is fabulous.

Edited by cruisin counselor
  • Like 2

Wow! I'm not on these boards often so maybe I misunderstood the purpose.

I thought this was the place to come if you needed the advice of people who cruise often and can share their knowledge.

I'm going to share a little so perhaps in the future you won't make assumptions

and be a little kinder to the next person.

I upgraded to the haven as a surprise for my family. My husband and I are both educators. We save up our money to take a vacation every few years and feel fortunate to have a little extra to put back, many people don't. I got a good deal on the booking and I'm doing some tutoring and a few other little side jobs to put money back over the next year to pay for the upgrade. I'm so excited to get to enjoy a little luxury for the week and can't wait to see my family's faces when we get to our suite. Maybe because of those things I want to make the best decision with my money. When I got on these boards and read that the balconies are all sizes I worried that I had chosen the wrong room and I am appreciative of the helpful and kind responses.

If my post sounded like bragging then I apologize that wasn't my intention. But please don't assume you know of everyone's circumstances.

I woke up this morning before heading off to my full time job (like most here I'm sure) and then to my second job and then to run my children to all their activities and then home to make dinner and help with homework( again, like many on these boards I'm sure). So I will end this already long post.

I hope your day goes well and your next vacation is fabulous.

Don't let the naysayers get you down. This is exactly what Cruise Critic threads were intended for. I assume their jealousy caused them to make a rude comment. My motto, work hard play harder!

I'll be on the Getaway in 11 days and my sister has the Aft Haven Suite on floor 9. We are about 18 rooms down from her in a mid ship balcony so I know we will be there often enjoying the deck and using the bathtub for our 4 year old! Be sure to search the threads so you have a full understanding of all the perks. If you have any questions let me know.

• Like 2

Cruisin Counselor,

Please don't let unkind people make you feel bad, you work for a living and should feel free to spend your money as you choose. Enjoy your family trip in a gorgeous suite and all the amenities the Haven offers.

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

I realize this post is old and it has been years since you posted this but I found it when I googled the the suite I recently booked on the Escape so I'm hoping you may still see this and be able to reply.

My question is surrounding the bathroom. All the other suites in this category and in the same location show the bathroom in the rear of the cabin rather than up front near the balcony so it seems as cabin may be an exception. I am considering moving the date of my cruise but this cabin is not available on the cabin they are recommending it seems has the regular configuration with the bathroom in the rear. This may seem silly but I love baths and the location and size of this bathtub is incredible and I don't want to switch if it means giving up this particular feature. 

The suite I would get if I changed my date would be cabin 10914. The agent is telling me they are all the same but video footage from YouTube and this post would indicate differently. Would appreciate any insights anyone may have.

8 minutes ago, FreyjaCourt said:

The suite I would get if I changed my date would be cabin 10914.

If you are looking for an aft-facing suite with the larger bathroom that has a view of the ocean and balcony, you can book deck 11 or deck 14 (port or starboard, it doesn't matter). Those are known as configuration B. 

10914 on Escape has the bedroom near the balcony. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If you are looking for an aft-facing suite with the larger bathroom that has a view of the ocean and balcony, you can book deck 11 or deck 14 (port or starboard, it doesn't matter). Those are known as configuration B. 

This was the exact knowledgeable advice I was looking for. Thank you so very much as neither the cruise line nor the travel agent I'm considering using seem to be able to help me other than saying it wasn't possible. Lol

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I have another question for you since you seem so knowledgeable about the suites. I will also be sailing on the Encore in the same suite category (aft facing suite). Do they have the same two layouts for this category and if so can you tell me which decks those would be on or if there are any significant differences I might want to be aware of? I really appreciate the valuable information. 

^^

For Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, the aft-facing suite configurations are the same but the stateroom numbers are slightly different in some cases. 

Decks 11 and 14 are configuration B for all 4 of those ships. 

Breakaway and Getaway are different as those 2 ships have configuration A on decks 11 and 14.  

See thread below...

PS

NCL made changes to the alphanumeric codes for many stateroom types. The information is still correct, though.

Also, NCL has started to charge more for the larger balcony aft-facing suites in most cases. On Escape, they are currently all the same price. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

55 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

^^

For Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, the aft-facing suite configurations are the same but the stateroom numbers are slightly different in some cases. 

Decks 11 and 14 are configuration B for all 4 of those ships. 

Breakaway and Getaway are different as those 2 ships have configuration A on decks 11 and 14.  

See thread below...

PS

NCL made changes to the alphanumeric codes for many stateroom types. The information is still correct, though.

Also, NCL has started to charge more for the larger balcony aft-facing suites in most cases. On Escape, they are currently all the same price. 

So to be clear, are you correcting what you had stated previously and are now saying on the Escape the apt-facing suites on deck's 11 and 14 are the same as all the other decks so I wouldn't get the window in the bathroom in my current suite which is 14300. 

I really appreciate your patience and knowledge on this topic. 

3 minutes ago, FreyjaCourt said:

So to be clear, are you correcting what you had stated previously and are now saying on the Escape the apt-facing suites on deck's 11 and 14 are the same as all the other decks so I wouldn't get the window in the bathroom in my current suite which is 14300. 

I really appreciate your patience and knowledge on this topic. 

Apologies, I misread your message and you were just saying the price is all the same on the Escape. Thank you!!!!

24 minutes ago, FreyjaCourt said:

Apologies, I misread your message and you were just saying the price is all the same on the Escape. Thank you!!!!

No problem. 

For Escape, NCL hasn't split the aft-facing suite category. They are all HA and are all the same price. 

For Joy, NCL usually charges more for decks 9, 12, 15 (HB - the 3 largest aft-facing suite balconies).

For Bliss, NCL usually charges more for decks 9, 12, & 15 (HB - the 3 largest aft-facing suite balconies).

For Encore, NCL usually charges more for decks 9, 12, 15 (HB - the 3 largest aft-facing suite balconies).

The group with the smaller balconies (HC) is the other code. In your case, configuration B won't be more expensive than the other aft-facing suites on either Escape or Encore. Also, the balconies of deck 14 and deck 11 are so close in size, there isn't a noticeable difference. 

Your 14300 is the configuration that you want, the slightly larger balcony size vs. deck 11, and won't cost more than the other Escape aft-facing suites. For Encore, you would be looking at 14280 if you want the same. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

26 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

No problem. 

For Escape, NCL hasn't split the aft-facing suite category. They are all HA and are all the same price. 

For Joy, NCL usually charges more for decks 9, 12, 15 (HB - the 3 largest aft-facing suite balconies).

For Bliss, NCL usually charges more for decks 9, 12, & 15 (HB - the 3 largest aft-facing suite balconies).

For Encore, NCL usually charges more for decks 9, 12, 15 (HB - the 3 largest aft-facing suite balconies).

The group with the smaller balconies (HC) is the other code. In your case, configuration B won't be more expensive than the other aft-facing suites on either Escape or Encore. Also, the balconies of deck 14 and deck 11 are so close in size, there isn't a noticeable difference. 

Your 14300 is the configuration that you want, the slightly larger balcony size vs. deck 11, and won't cost more than the other Escape aft-facing suites. For Encore, you would be looking at 14280 if you want the same. 

Excellent information again and so very helpful! You are awesome!!