Karib Golf Cart Rental

Florings

Just wanted to report back on our dealings with Karib Golf Cart Rental, last week when we rented a golf cart in Grand Turk. We decided to do this because I had read here on CC about others renting through them and thought it sounded like a great idea.

You can book in advance online, which we did. The cost is $90, all inclusive of fuel, for the entire day. We paid our 50% deposit via Pay Pal and printed out our receipt to show upon our arrival.

First of all, the pictures online are not a true representation of the equipment, just to give you a heads up. The 2 available carts were old and no cover/roof for the 2 back seats. Still it worked and got us around the island.

But the worst of it - my husband and I had paid our half of the rental as stated above. My brother and SIL were to pay the other half when we arrived. When we picked up the cart, they had no change for my brother's $50 bill, but the woman said she would give it to him when we returned the cart later in the day.

Weellll, that did NOT happen! The woman absolutely refused to give him the $5. The man (Owner? named Boogie) did try to make her to return the money, but she just would not do it. We could not believe it!!

Now, it isn't the $5...it's just not that much money. It's the dishonesty and the fact that she would not return it after telling my brother that his change would be waiting at the end of the day. We finally walked away and my brother told them that our review would honestly state the way we were treated.

All I can say is "never again" !!

Email the owner Junior and tell him what happened...that woman can be a bit of a con artist...she used to rip off people much worse then before (i.e. claim they never paid their deposit!). I actually emailed Junior about my concerns before I arrived so things went smoothly for us.

Junior could refund your $5. Also post this on their F***B*** page.

Just wanted to report back on our dealings with Karib Golf Cart Rental, last week when we rented a golf cart in Grand Turk. We decided to do this because I had read here on CC about others renting through them and thought it sounded like a great idea.

You can book in advance online, which we did. The cost is $90, all inclusive of fuel, for the entire day. We paid our 50% deposit via Pay Pal and printed out our receipt to show upon our arrival.

First of all, the pictures online are not a true representation of the equipment, just to give you a heads up. The 2 available carts were old and no cover/roof for the 2 back seats. Still it worked and got us around the island.

But the worst of it - my husband and I had paid our half of the rental as stated above. My brother and SIL were to pay the other half when we arrived. When we picked up the cart, they had no change for my brother's $50 bill, but the woman said she would give it to him when we returned the cart later in the day.

Weellll, that did NOT happen! The woman absolutely refused to give him the $5. The man (Owner? named Boogie) did try to make her to return the money, but she just would not do it. We could not believe it!!

Now, it isn't the $5...it's just not that much money. It's the dishonesty and the fact that she would not return it after telling my brother that his change would be waiting at the end of the day. We finally walked away and my brother told them that our review would honestly state the way we were treated.

All I can say is "never again" !!

How long did it take you to get to Karib from the ship? How did you get to them? We are booked end of November and this is our first cruise so I am not familiar with this port at all.

Email the owner Junior and tell him what happened...that woman can be a bit of a con artist...she used to rip off people much worse then before (i.e. claim they never paid their deposit!). I actually emailed Junior about my concerns before I arrived so things went smoothly for us.

Junior could refund your $5. Also post this on their F***B*** page.

Maybe Junior should find another employee.

Maybe Junior should find another employee.

Boogie was hired to keep an eye on things...I did express my concerns about this woman to Junior before I arrived. So of course, she was nice to me. But I have a feeling hiring and firing might not be so straight forward on small islands like Grand Turk.