Lunch in Luminae

Braveheart11

We love lunch there on embarkation day but then after that we do find the lunch offerings just too heavy! We will lunch there occasionally on our cruise but not every sea day.

I know you can request a green salad etc but after the novelty of our first Luminae cruise had worn off we did enjoy just going into Oceanview and putting our own salad selection together with a light soup...

We were doing just this on our last cruise when we saw one of the officers we had met the previous night in Michael's Club walked past...He was most concerned to find us there, asking if we knew Luminae was open....it took some convincing we just wanted a quick and simple 'light bite'.

Edited by chemmo

We are doing a 10 night Canada / New England cruise on the Summit next June. There is only one sea day. It will be a bit disappointing that we will only be able to eat lunch twice in Luminae (Day 1 - embarkation and Day 2 - a sea day). Any chance Luminae might be open for lunch on a day with a 1PM sail away time?

We love lunch there on embarkation day but then after that we do find the lunch offerings just too heavy! We will lunch there occasionally on our cruise but not every sea day.

I know you can request a green salad etc but after the novelty of our first Luminae cruise had worn off we did enjoy just going into Oceanview and putting our own salad selection together with a light soup...

We were doing just this on our last cruise when we saw one of the officers we had met the previous night in Michael's Club walked past...He was most concerned to find us there, asking if we knew Luminae was open....it took some convincing we just wanted a quick and simple 'light bite'.

I agree. I am that person who asks for a big salad with grilled chicken, etc. ;) Way too much food on a cruise. Heck, we've even skipped breakfast or lunch on some days. I like the atmosphere in Luminae much more than Oceanview and since my husband won't go into Oceanview unless under protest, I also agree with those who said Luminae "exceeded expectations." Perfect description. Looking forward to my signature Luminae burger (without bun and fries) later this month!

And what a sweet officer to be concerned for you.

I agree. I am that person who asks for a big salad with grilled chicken, etc. ;) Way too much food on a cruise. Heck, we've even skipped breakfast or lunch on some days. I like the atmosphere in Luminae much more than Oceanview and since my husband won't go into Oceanview unless under protest, I also agree with those who said Luminae "exceeded expectations." Perfect description. Looking forward to my signature Luminae burger (without bun and fries) later this month!

And what a sweet officer to be concerned for you.

Yes, the officer was very sweet...We actually had a similar situation the first time we cruised in the PH on the Millie, pre Luminae days, we had decided to go to Oceanview and pick up a sandwich each for lunch to take back to our suite...officer came over with all sorts of information on how the butler could sort this for us, that we could order room service....

I must say much as we love the service level in Luminae we also love the specialities, the odd meal in suite and we always have one burger at Mast Grill! We always avoid the Oceanview at busy times but we find it fine early or late lunch....Sometimes you just want to choose something quick and simple!

Edited by chemmo

That is correct. This is the dedicated suite restaurant. Other family members traveling with you can not dine there unless the suite guest pays an upccharge for them. Last year I paid $100 for two additional. The strategy seemed to work

for the cruise line as this year my family is also booked in a suite. Lol.

Can you only eat here when you are in a suite or certain class?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Luminae is the suite only restaurant as Blu is to Aquaclass. Suite guests can request that non suite guests join them for breakfast, lunch or dinner (space available) at a charge. The charge is made to the suite not to the invited guest.

I try to avoid Oceanviewq whenever possible and certainly will be missing Bistro on Five as an alternative. Sushi I find unappealing.

There are plenty of options on the menu without rice if you find rice unappealing. Give it a try; I am looking forward to it on my upcoming cruise.