Chefs Table on the Breeze

Cruisenthusiast

Does anyone know which night the Chefs Table will be held on a Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel itinerary on the Breeze? Do they have it on random nights or the same night every cruise? We'll be sailing this itinerary on January 22-29 if that helps, TIA!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
Do they take into consideration when you have other activities booked?

We booked Chef's Table and I wanted to do it on my daughter's birthday. Battled the maître di (sp) with several emails and finally canceled because he was insistent we could not choose our day and we like to pack in activities, all booked in advance. We were visited by the maître di (somehow knew us, perhaps by photo?) on Lido deck before muster drill even started to practically beg us to reconsider. I reminded him of our email battle, and he said it must have been a "different maître di" and said, "Yes, of course you may do Chef's Table on your daughter's birthday." It was weird overall, but I did enjoy the experience. If you have eaten at Michelin starred restaurants (e.g., Daniel in Manhattan) and you are expecting a similar experience you will be disappointed with the food, but the presentation is nicely done. That said, the food is better than MDR food, as you'd expect. Our favorite part was the kitchen tour, especially the amuse bouche during the warm melting cake demo. I'm glad we did it, but I think the quality of the food in the Steakhouse food is better than Chef's Table.

The day of the week for the Chef's Table isn't given to you before. We were booked to do it on the 2nd sitting of the Chef's Table on the Freedom. We were a little shocked it would be the last night of the cruise. We cancelled because I had won free Chef's Table for my next cruise, which was also free cuz I won the blogger's slot tournament. The Breeze had the first Chef's Table on a Wednesday.

Do not attempt to negotiate the date for the Chef's table. The number of people involved in the meal would be a nightmare to switch around and change up. They will tell you when it is, so be nice and remember there is a lot of planning involved.

...... I'm glad we did it, but I think the quality of the food in the Steakhouse food is better than Chef's Table.

All said and done I really have to agree with this part of Intrepid's post. I have done the Chef's Table a few times now and each time the have accommodated my desire to have no shellfish and was grateful. I booked the CT for my upcoming cruise but got a look at the new menu and for me it was not impressive at all. I wound up canceling the CT and will eat at the Steakhouse multiple times instead. Have never been disappointed with the menu, service or quality of the food there.

• 1 month later...

Did the Chef's table last December, and really enjoyed the experience as well as the food. Was planning on doing it again this December but they raised the prices from $75 yo $95 a person. Quite the price jump, and now we're reconsidering.