Tried Allure...

Every experience we have had with Carnival has been very positive. The dining room staff have always been attentive, asked us our names, and sort of remembered preferences.

On the first night, we asked for milk for my three year old. It took half an hour. We understood. We asked if it would be possible to have milk waiting when we got there the remainder of the cruise. We even said that if it wasn't possible, to let us know, and we would get milk from RS or WJ to bring with us. He assured it was no problem. Never happened.

We never experienced snotty WJ/Buffet staff on all of our carnival cruises. All of them had employees go out of their way to help guests, on this ship, it was almost as if some of them couldn't be bothered. Such as my high chair story I posted above.

It just feels friendlier, especially when it comes to younger families on Carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, I prefer Carnival as well. I'm just lucky I've never had the issues you described on RCCL (hope I never do).

My fiance cruise on Allure. She said it was a nice ship and had a lot to offer, but it didn't have that at sea feeling she's used to on other ships. She said she barely felt any movement and that was a negative.

I have sailed the Allure twice. If I had to say something negative about either cruise it would be the fact you really don't feel like you are on a ship, there is zero movement. It really feels like a land based resort that magically is transported to different ports.

We saved up and took a big family trip on the Allure of the Seas.

The ship was amazing, there's no denying that.

The service was rough. Several times my husband and I said "this would have never happened on Carnival."

When you spend nearly the whole week missing something you had somewhere else, I think it's a sign.

I know poor service and rude crew can happen on any ship, but it was just bad. I guess for $3400 I expected more, you know?

Anyone else have a similar experience?

We have tried most major cruise lines but until about a couple of years ago stuck mostly to Royal Caribbean. The service on Royal is hit or miss nowadays. We sailed with Allure twice and great service but had awful service on the Oasis. There is no question that the ship is beautiful but the itineraries are the same and in addition to that if you're not getting the service,there are other cruise lines to choose from.

We saved up and took a big family trip on the Allure of the Seas.

The ship was amazing, there's no denying that.

The service was rough. Several times my husband and I said "this would have never happened on Carnival."

When you spend nearly the whole week missing something you had somewhere else, I think it's a sign.

I know poor service and rude crew can happen on any ship, but it was just bad. I guess for $3400 I expected more, you know?

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yes I have RC was are very first cruise and it was awful.. then we did carnival and have not been on a different ship since..

We LOVE Carnival.

Did our first Royal cruise this year, on Oasis, in June.

LOVED many things, but at the end of the cruise, we missed Carnival.

Pros:

Beds were HUGE and comfy.

Entertainment blows Carnival out of the water. We don't bother on Carnival.

HUGE WOW factor on the ship. It's a MUST do, at least once.

Coke machines throughout the ship (freestyle)

More pools-Beach pool was AMAZING-chairs with umbrellas

Solarium was great, and unlike Serenity, we were able to bring 17yo DD

Park Café Roast Beef sandwiches (YUMMY)

Balcony on the hump was AWESOME!!!

Probably our best room steward EVER!!!! He was AMAZING!!!!

Cons:

Took forever to get ANYWHERE! Ship is just massive!!!

MDR menus were incorrect on the TV and at the dining room:mad::mad:

Staff just seemed miserable and somewhat rude most of our cruise.....

Food was horrible in comparison to Carnival. From pizza to ice cream, and everything in between!!!

DD missed the Caeser salad on Carnival. RCCL salad was BLAH!!!!

I would LOVE to do RCCL again, but DD and DH prefer Carnival, and I guess at the end of the day, I did too!!!:D:D

I am so happy we were able to cruise on one of the big girls......

Will definitely do it again.........

Our main issue was the MDR.

That was my issue on Allure too. Sub-par MDR experience. Lackluster service, long waits. No rudeness, just not the service I'd experienced and expect from RCI.

I also felt disconnected from the ocean on that ship; it is very inward focused.

Everything else was great but now that I experienced it I'm not in a major rush to go back. I like the medium-large ships, did not feel Allure was "too much" more just "not my thing"

Edited by LMaxwell

That was my issue on Allure too. Sub-par MDR experience. Lackluster service, long waits. No rudeness, just not the service I'd experienced and expect from RCI.

I also felt disconnected from the ocean on that ship; it is very inward focused.

Everything else was great but now that I experienced it I'm not in a major rush to go back. I like the medium-large ships, did not feel Allure was "too much" more just "not my thing"

I couldn't have said it better myself.

We LOVE Carnival.

Did our first Royal cruise this year, on Oasis, in June.

LOVED many things, but at the end of the cruise, we missed Carnival.

Pros:

Beds were HUGE and comfy.

Entertainment blows Carnival out of the water. We don't bother on Carnival.

HUGE WOW factor on the ship. It's a MUST do, at least once.

Coke machines throughout the ship (freestyle)

More pools-Beach pool was AMAZING-chairs with umbrellas

Solarium was great, and unlike Serenity, we were able to bring 17yo DD

Park Café Roast Beef sandwiches (YUMMY)

Balcony on the hump was AWESOME!!!

Probably our best room steward EVER!!!! He was AMAZING!!!!

Cons:

Took forever to get ANYWHERE! Ship is just massive!!!

MDR menus were incorrect on the TV and at the dining room:mad::mad:

Staff just seemed miserable and somewhat rude most of our cruise.....

Food was horrible in comparison to Carnival. From pizza to ice cream, and everything in between!!!

DD missed the Caeser salad on Carnival. RCCL salad was BLAH!!!!

I would LOVE to do RCCL again, but DD and DH prefer Carnival, and I guess at the end of the day, I did too!!!:D:D

I am so happy we were able to cruise on one of the big girls......

Will definitely do it again.........

Same cons, except we preferred the pizza: :) my hips are enjoying the pizza now.

That's a good word, miserable. Our Giovanni's waiter told us that he has 29 days left and not a day more. So the morale was just off.

Loved all the amenities and offerings on Allure. They were fantastic. Like you said, beach pool was great!!! H20 zone for our little ones was perfect. It definitely is a must try ship, but I can have two carnival cruises for that price. :).

We likely won't do another massive ship just because we are over the ports.