FLL Hotel - Feb 17th '06 - HELP!

sunnylin

Hi,

I understand that this date starts Presidents week vacation and we are finding it to be a very expensive date. We are cruising Princess CB on 2/18 out of FLL, but are staying the night before. The Hotel doesn't have to be the Best - Just a Nice place.

I have looked into the Amerisuites through valuetrips (i believe that is the site), but I haven't received an e-mail confirmation back yet.

Should I look into Priceline - Never done that before. How do I know what to ask for?

I see that the area of 17th street looks to be the best area. Is that considerd Downtown?

I was hoping to find a nice place to stay for one night around $120.., but that seems to be unreasonable when I look around.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

1st cruise - CB Princess 2/18/06 - celebrating 20th Wedding Anniversary!!;)

SE 17th Street is "downtown" Fort Lauderdale on Priceline, and yes, that's the best area for cruisers. You can try Priceline, but I wouldn't expect to get anything, and would have a backup booked. That's a very popular weekend and with the King Tut exhibit it's even more difficult this year, prices are through the roof on what's left.

Try Holiday Inn Express and Extended Stay America, they're going to be your best bet at a decent price if you don't get AmeriSuites...

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center"... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

I'd be surprised if you get Americasuites for that date. Read the fine print on the Valuetrips site - "Not valid with any other offers or discounts, during holidays, special events, 10/27-11/5, 11/11, 11/17-11/19, 12/26-12/31/05, 1/6/06, 1/16-1/23, 1/28, 2/10-2/20"

In a pinch, you might try "Comfort Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport-West ". Reasonable, shuttles, fairly close.

Doug

I have the same problem, trying to get rooms for Feb. 10th for one night. Gave up on priceline, booked the Amerisuites Plantation, Amerisuites on 17th Street didn't have enough non-smoking rooms for my party. I know the

Amerisuites Plantation is a bit out of the way, but its only for one night, we'll be fine. Perhaps give them a try, I got a price of $149 per night.

Hope this helps.

We used points to stay at the FLL marriott marina and a friend of our used priceline, got a 3* for $110 after getting turned down for $95. First choice was a 3* for $95, then went down to 2* for $110 and wound up with that. The room is at the Holiday Inn (beach).

The Marriott north is a nice hotel, 20 minutes from the terminal, have you thought about that area? Most of the hotels are probably sold out by now. We booked ours about 360 days before the 2/18 CP cruise.

Archived