how to change spa from child to adult...

a4ofspades

Hi all...I am asking this on behalf of a family member who is cruising Thanksgiving week...I will attempt to be brief.

My cousin's grandson (1yo) has been deathly ill for about a month...health is returning slowly but parents haven't left the hospital...he has 2 sisters (7, 9) that family members have been taking turns taking care of. Cousin was planning on just canceling the cruise and eating the loss but decided to bring the girls with them. Second NCL rep she spoke with was able to get her 2 cabins, dividing the girls between she and her husband. the packages she had (drinks, dining, and spa) are linked to she and granddaughter 1's cabin. Solutions so far: kids dine free anyway so moot point. Drinks: switched to soda for the child as husband rarely drinks anyway. Hold up now is the spa...3rd NCL rep says it can't be divided between cabins so that the adults can go to the spa and children can do camp. Any and all advice would be much appreciated!! Mary

The reason it cannot be transferred as part of the booking is Spa passes are tied to the room not the individual passenger (I assume this is a spa cabin as I know of no promotion including a pass right now). If they pre-purchased the pass, this would not be an issue.

That said, this may be something that can be worked out on board, as, if nothing else, the kid in question is not allowed in the Spa. I would go to the spa staff and see if they would be willing to simply remove sticker from card A and apply to card B, I suspect they would given the circumstances (of course, you can always get a stickler from the rules)