Back to cruising after 30+ years

Honeyhas6

Greetings cruisers, My husband and I will be dipping our toes into cruising again after many years away. Husband always loved cruising, me.. not so much but I'm game to try it again. Last cruise was probably early 80's and I believe it was Admiral cruise line we traveled.

I know the Carnival Triumph is an older ship but we aren't really into all the bells and whistles, so not really concerned about it.

Likewise, it's been maybe 15 years since we've been to Cozumel, looking forward to looking around to see what's changed.

Welcome back to cruising! I was on the Triumph in July, and while it's not my favorite ship, I really enjoyed it. The Dive In Movies on the Lido deck are a great way to spend some down time in the evenings. Make sure you stop by the Blue Iguana for a breakfast burrito...they are yummy!

Greetings cruisers, My husband and I will be dipping our toes into cruising again after many years away. Husband always loved cruising, me.. not so much but I'm game to try it again. Last cruise was probably early 80's and I believe it was Admiral cruise line we traveled.

I know the Carnival Triumph is an older ship but we aren't really into all the bells and whistles, so not really concerned about it.

Likewise, it's been maybe 15 years since we've been to Cozumel, looking forward to looking around to see what's changed.

Welcome back to the water! I'm sure you'll find that cruising is vastly different now than it was in the 80's - I hope you and your husband have a wonderful time and you'll decide that you truly enjoy it after all. :)

Bet you were surprised by how cheap cruising has become. Hope you have a great time but remember, you didn't pay for the luxury of the 1980's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, indeed. The prices overall are much lower. However, once you got on the ship back then, everything was included and there was no such thing as "extra cost."

easyboy, I am more mellow so many years later. I'm planning on a great time.