Norwegian Escape or Harmony of the Seas

EMBFlyer

Looking for honest opinions.

We have a Haven Spa Suite booked on the Norwegian Escape for June of 2017. However, I'm very enthralled by the pictures I've been seeing of Harmony lately. We had an excellent cruise this past summer on Freedom and we've finally made Diamond with Royal. We're really thinking about booking the Harmony of the same time in June of 2017 (while onboard the Anthem) and cancelling the Escape cruise. I hear wonderful things about the Escape, but I also hear the open decks are crowded. It seems like there's more space on Harmony. We did the Allure in 2014. The ship was amazing (the crew left a lot to be desired on that cruise, but I've heard it's gotten better).

Anyway, if given the choice, which one of the two would you choose?

NORWEGIAN ESCAPE is a beautiful ship with a great crew. Our cruise was near perfect. (Although we've honestly never had a bad cruise) The Haven is very nice. Especially the restaurant.

BUT...I would have to give the edge to HARMONY (or any Oasis class ship). They are bigger and don't seem as crowded. There is more of a wow factor. After a cruise on Oasis and Allure we still don't feel as though we've seen or done everything. The production shows are more polished. While the suite service is excellent on NCL ( in our opinion of course) it's as good on RCCL. If it were me, I would go with HARMONY.

Escape is nice, but it is not in the same league as the Oasis class. Literally no comparison if the main reason you're sailing is for the ship itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've never been on NCL, but I'm planning on it very soon. We'll be going on the Escape when we do. This ship looks stunning.

I'm curious as to why you'd make sure a WIDE statement like "Literally no comparison if the main reason you're sailing is for the ship itself."

That ship looks awesome!

Comparisons:

Both launched in the same 6 month window

Both largest ship in their respective fleets

Both have all the latest offerings their cruise lines offer

Both have roughly 2 dozen bars and 2 dozen restaurant offerings

Both have the best fuel economy options in their fleets

Both have unique outdoor options (Boardwalk & The Waterfront)

I'd say Harmony rocks it in a big way, but NO COMPARISON is a bit much.

Looking for honest opinions.

We have a Haven Spa Suite booked on the Norwegian Escape for June of 2017. However, I'm very enthralled by the pictures I've been seeing of Harmony lately. We had an excellent cruise this past summer on Freedom and we've finally made Diamond with Royal. We're really thinking about booking the Harmony of the same time in June of 2017 (while onboard the Anthem) and cancelling the Escape cruise. I hear wonderful things about the Escape, but I also hear the open decks are crowded. It seems like there's more space on Harmony. We did the Allure in 2014. The ship was amazing (the crew left a lot to be desired on that cruise, but I've heard it's gotten better).

Anyway, if given the choice, which one of the two would you choose?

No contest - HARMONY

Yes, the Escape is very nice. However, I will stick to my statement that there is no comparison. There is no Wow Factor on the Escape. You will feel like a sardine on the ship. The pool deck is the worst I have ever seen. The layout is very chopped up. On the other hand, there is absolutely nothing I can say bad about the Oasis Class. Food is very subjective so I won't bother. If I had to pick, I would say the Escape probably has a slight edge. Keep in mind, I am also just comparing balcony cabins and not the Haven, which I assume is awesome, but at a large premium. So, for me if the price is relatively the same, it's a no brained. Harmony all the way.

I have been on an Oasis class ship 3x and been on the NCL Escape and its smaller sister ship the NCL Getaway. In my opinion, the NCL ships cannot compare to an Oasis class ship. They are not in the same league. The Oasis class ships are MUCH nicer and felt much less crowded. The Escape cannot compare in the entertainment category to an Oasis class ship. I thought the Getaway had better entertainment than the Escape. And the pool situation on the NCL ships is laughable compared to an Oasis class ship. While we had fun on the NCL ships, if given a choice, I would choose an Oasis class ship 100% of the time unless you wanted different ports of call.

While the pool deck is a mess on the Escape, if you are in the Haven, that is not something you need to be concerned about unless you are going to the water slides or ropes course. You will have your own (small) pool, a courtyard and the sun deck in the Haven with waiter service.

I wouldn't allow the Escape's pool deck to sway me one direction or another if you are staying in a Haven cabin.

Other than that, we didn't find the Escape to be overly crowded. Plus, we really enjoyed the Waterfront, which always had plenty of quiet outdoor seating.

If you would sail on Harmony, would you do a suite there as well?

Yes, the Escape is very nice. However, I will stick to my statement that there is no comparison. There is no Wow Factor on the Escape. You will feel like a sardine on the ship. The pool deck is the worst I have ever seen. The layout is very chopped up. On the other hand, there is absolutely nothing I can say bad about the Oasis Class. Food is very subjective so I won't bother. If I had to pick, I would say the Escape probably has a slight edge. Keep in mind, I am also just comparing balcony cabins and not the Haven, which I assume is awesome, but at a large premium. So, for me if the price is relatively the same, it's a no brained. Harmony all the way.

I clicked your posting history and see you've been on Escape, so there you go.

Oasis class is fantastic my hubby and I were on allure a few years ago. Loved it. Shows are phenomenal especially the outdoor water ones. We have also just recently done breakaway in a spa haven suite. Loved it. It was our first NCL cruise. Would not go again without the haven. As haven it's great. The spa suite also has thermal spa access included. Never did that before and it was nice. Absolutely loved the waterfront. Best part of breakaway for us.

In the end it's up to you. Either one will be great. Your on a cruise after all.

I think they have covered most items here except when you compare the Escape is probably much less expensive. If money not a factor then the Oasus class is much better but at the same time the Escape can have a lot of value.

Sent from my iPad using Forums