**Live From Oasis November 5th**

Ander026

We are on this cruise too. So far, it's been up and down. The ship is amazing! So much to see and do. I'm not a big complainer when it comes to cruising. Heck, I'm on a cruise and people are waiting on me but this cruise seems very disorganized. We went to dinner at Icon last night. We were seated about 20 minutes after our reservation. No napkins on the tables. No big deal. Waiter brought some when we asked for them. Then the Aqua show was cancelled last night due to illness and rescheduled to a night we had made reservations at chops so we had to go down and change the reservation this morning. Again, things happen. We wanted to have breakfast on our balcony this morning so we ordered room service last night via the tv. Unfortunately, after 45 minutes past the scheduled delivery time we still had no breakfast. I called down and after being on hold 15 min I was told it would be another half hr.( Hummmm I'm starting to see a pattern here). We cancelled room service and went to Johnny Rockets. Cold eggs, under cooked bacon and bread dried out but not toasted made for a nasty breakfast. We walked around a bit and decided to go to Saber for some guacamole however when we ordered this we were told they had no avocados to make guacamole! Really??!! No avocados and we just left port yesterday? The Waiter said they hope to get some in Cozume. All in all, none of these things are horrible but it does make me wonder what is going on. I just hope they get their act together soon.

Hopefully it's just a crew changeover and they'll find their feet quickly!

As for the avocados...you're likely out of luck. There's a major California shortage and I doubt the cruise lines will want to pay the high costs. Normally Mexico stock up would work - but the workers went on strike...so no Mexico avocados either.

http://www.eater.com/2016/11/1/13439646/avocado-shortage-2016

Good afternoon everyone,

Well day 2 is well underway. It has not been a bad day for me so far. Room Service called and delivered my coffee well earlier than the time I wanted. I put the door hanger out the night before. I decided to head to Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Saw it packed and headed to the Wipe Out Café. There was very little people there and had no problem ordering an omlett.

Then it was off to the Meet and Mingle at 0930 which was well attended. Many prizes given out but I did not win this time around.

Then it was off to the Top Tier event in the Aqua Theater it was good but the ship was bouncing around to much for the divers to give a show.

Then I decided a solution to my camera dilemma, I got a SD with the Mini SD card from the photo shop. This SD card has a mini SD card that fits my phone. So now I can take pics with my camera and take the mini SD card put in my phone and attach the phone to my tablet. I am going to try and download some pics tonight. The earlier pics will have to wait till I get home as they are on the standard SD card.

Well off to some afternoon activities. I will give a report later on this evening.

We are on this cruise too. So far, it's been up and down. The ship is amazing! So much to see and do. I'm not a big complainer when it comes to cruising. Heck, I'm on a cruise and people are waiting on me but this cruise seems very disorganized. We went to dinner at Icon last night. We were seated about 20 minutes after our reservation. No napkins on the tables. No big deal. Waiter brought some when we asked for them. Then the Aqua show was cancelled last night due to illness and rescheduled to a night we had made reservations at chops so we had to go down and change the reservation this morning. Again, things happen. We wanted to have breakfast on our balcony this morning so we ordered room service last night via the tv. Unfortunately, after 45 minutes past the scheduled delivery time we still had no breakfast. I called down and after being on hold 15 min I was told it would be another half hr.( Hummmm I'm starting to see a pattern here). We cancelled room service and went to Johnny Rockets. Cold eggs, under cooked bacon and bread dried out but not toasted made for a nasty breakfast. We walked around a bit and decided to go to Saber for some guacamole however when we ordered this we were told they had no avocados to make guacamole! Really??!! No avocados and we just left port yesterday? The Waiter said they hope to get some in Cozume. All in all, none of these things are horrible but it does make me wonder what is going on. I just hope they get their act together soon.

Well sorry to hear about your room service and dining troubles. My parents who are in a suite are having a tough time with Maintanence to the balcony door since the sailing. I believe they have finally fixed the door. Hopefully things will be better in the coming days.

Good afternoon everyone,

Well day 2 is well underway. It has not been a bad day for me so far. Room Service called and delivered my coffee well earlier than the time I wanted. I put the door hanger out the night before. I decided to head to Johnny Rockets for breakfast. Saw it packed and headed to the Wipe Out Café. There was very little people there and had no problem ordering an omlett.

Then it was off to the Meet and Mingle at 0930 which was well attended. Many prizes given out but I did not win this time around.

Then it was off to the Top Tier event in the Aqua Theater it was good but the ship was bouncing around to much for the divers to give a show.

Then I decided a solution to my camera dilemma, I got a SD with the Mini SD card from the photo shop. This SD card has a mini SD card that fits my phone. So now I can take pics with my camera and take the mini SD card put in my phone and attach the phone to my tablet. I am going to try and download some pics tonight. The earlier pics will have to wait till I get home as they are on the standard SD card.

Well off to some afternoon activities. I will give a report later on this evening.

I doubt the ship sells them, but an eye fi card is a good solution. It creates its own WiFi network and transfers directly to your phone. Check the menu on your camera for the Eye-Fi setting. My T5 has it. No swapping cards or connecting to cables

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Good Evening to everyone.

Well Day 2 is now over and what a busy afternoon I had after my nap.

Lets start out as my quest to solve my picture dilemma is now over and will be my backup incase I forget my cables again.

Here is the room that I am in. This is 11326

IMG_5834_zpskq0eg8vm.jpg

IMG_5835_zpslpx2otuk.jpg

This is a great room for me. Plenty of storage space and I think the bathroom is bigger than on Freedom.

One thing is that I decided to my the Voom Internet for Surf and Stream for one device. I paid $103 for the whole week. This is very fast compared to what I was using on Freedom. I am able to upload more than 1 pic at a time.

Next up views of the Boardwalk

Well after my nap I went down to the Boardwalk to get some new sandals as I have forgot to pack mine.

Here are some pics from the Boardwalk that I took

Here is looking up on the Oasis sign

IMG_5836_zpswrlqkzs7.jpg

Here is Johnny Rockets

IMG_5837_zpspdlbcoha.jpg

Here is Sabor

IMG_5839_zpsryohr97d.jpg

IMG_5838_zpstdog1idd.jpg

Here is the Boardwalk Dog House

IMG_5840_zpszicqcos1.jpg

Next up some views of Central Park

After that I wondered Central Park to get a snack before dinner.

Here is a shot of the Park Café where I had my snack of a Roast Beef sandwitch.

IMG_5841_zpsg2mm2s1l.jpg

Here is a night shot of the entrance to Central Park

IMG_5844_zpsqdwhbq4k.jpg

After that we had a ship that we passed on the way to Labadee.

IMG_5842_zpsftcj6ssj.jpg

Next up evening activities

Well it was time for Cats. Cats was the full length Broadway show with an intermission in the middle. However a 1/4 of the Theater did not come back for the second half.

Here are some pics of Cats when we were allowed to take photos

IMG_5845_zpsoman4hn3.jpg

IMG_5849_zpswsi9zhtd.jpg

IMG_5851_zpss224sauu.jpg

Then it was off to the Schooner bar for drinks

IMG_5853_zpsho39hhvw.jpg

IMG_5860_zpsjvqiwrwf.jpg

Finally finished the night out at the Rising Tide Bar.

Here is the view looking toward the Royal Promenade with the Bar at Central Park.

IMG_5854_zps0e1qcidu.jpg

We boarded the Bar at the Royal Promenade for the final trip to Central Park

A look at the stars above

IMG_5856_zpsqo7ei3n2.jpg

We are heading toward Central Park

IMG_5858_zps1xltxd0z.jpg

IMG_5859_zpsz38xd18m.jpg

Came home to a towel animal

IMG_5852_zps7hilbf3s.jpg

Well I am now all caught up and now off to bed.

I arrived in the parking garage at 1215. Got into line after we all met up at 1230 and checked in and on ship by 1315.

What was your "suggested arrival time" from RCCL? For our 12/18 Oasis cruise they suggest between 12:30 and 3:30 arrival time. I know we can arrive when we like but I am not good at standing in lines and waiting. Hopefully PC will have all of the bugs worked out of their departure process by then.

We will be driving across state from Citrus County and plan to head east around 930am. We are not parking at port so all should be well.

Happy Sails to You and your family.

We walked around a bit and decided to go to Saber for some guacamole however when we ordered this we were told they had no avocados to make guacamole! Really??!! No avocados and we just left port yesterday? The Waiter said they hope to get some in Cozume. All in all, none of these things are horrible but it does make me wonder what is going on. I just hope they get their act together soon.

Deleted

Edited by halfapair
Info Already Posted

Great photos. We used the door hanger for ordering room service last night and it arrived on time and hot. Yea! Dinner at Givonni last night was good, not spectacular but good. The best part of the meal was the eggplant parm appetizer. Jazz quartet in Jazz on 4 was very good. Just wish they had more live music earlier in the evening. All in all a much better day than yesterday.

Thanks for taking some of your vacation to keep us informed. We are on a B2B in Feb 17 and are sponges for Oasis info. Our current concern is that the MDR on Oasis is trailing new menus with variable reviews. Love to hear your views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking some of your vacation to keep us informed. We are on a B2B in Feb 17 and are sponges for Oasis info. Our current concern is that the MDR on Oasis is trailing new menus with variable reviews. Love to hear your views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.....and if you are able to post some of the MDR menus that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for all your info and great photos.

Well sorry to hear about your room service and dining troubles. My parents who are in a suite are having a tough time with Maintanence to the balcony door since the sailing. I believe they have finally fixed the door. Hopefully things will be better in the coming days.

Just curious what room are they in? We were just on there 2 weeks ago in 1758 and had major issues with door. They were in our room 2 times and they still couldn't fix it.

After that we had a ship that we passed on the way to Labadee.

IMG_5842_zpsftcj6ssj.jpg

Anyone know what ship this is? I feel like many cruise lines have ships almost identical to this!

EDIT: Did some investigative work. Came from a cruise line called renaissance Cruises that folded after just a couple of years. They were purchased by many different companies, operated by Princess, P&O, Oceania and Azamara (which is owned by RCI) as of now. But was also used by pulmantur, which operates the former sovereign and who operated the Empress for its few years away from royal. interesting!

Edited by atnolan94

Good Afternoon everyone

Today we are in Labadee.

IMG_5862_zpsk90dce7m.jpg

It was raining when we arrived and rained all day. Today I did the Discover Coastal Haiti Cruise. This tour still went off as we were in a boat, still got soaked as the rain started back up again. It was a great tour with a good tour guide. I think he modified the tour due to the weather

Here are some pics from the tour

IMG_5864_zpsgujc81yh.jpg

IMG_5866_zpsmmvqbbuz.jpg

IMG_5867_zpsxqvjjypd.jpg

IMG_5868_zpsxkdogypd.jpg

After I got back on the ship I warmed up and went to lunch and stayed onboard the rest of the day. At 1400 I did finally see the latest Star Wars in 3d in the Opal Theater.

Well time to get ready for dinner and the evening activities