Westerdam Wraparound ??

niceguyneastbay

on the Westerdam. Currently in 8140. Stay or change to 6166?

My thought is go down to 6166 since people on the Lido can look down on you in 8140.

6166 appears to have a large deck. What about the room size?

I am not to concerned about being close to the Neptune Lounge or the Lido deck for easy access.

My thought is go down to 6166 since people on the Lido can look down on you in 8140.

I am not to concerned about being close to the Neptune Lounge or the Lido deck for easy access.

Can you get 5190 or 5191? Those cabins have HUGE decks - large enough to hold 40 people. Plus they are fully covered, so no one can look down on your deck.

As to the two cabins you mentioned, I would go with 6166, even though the deck is smaller than the other aft-wraps. As to 8140, not only can people from the Lido deck look down on your deck, you also likely will get noise from above due to deck chairs being moved around.

We were inn 6166 for the partial panama canal cruise. It was a wonderful room plus veranda. Very quiet, lots of deck. Would do it again in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had one of the deck 8 corner afts on Westedam on our Alaska cruise and had no problems with noise or nosy people.

We like 7 best because it's the same deck as the lounge. From what I can see looking at my pictures, 7 is about half covered, which we like. I believe 8 was also about half covered. So people on the decks above can't see your whole balcony. 6 appears to have a smaller overhang which could be too much sun in a hot climate. But now that I think about it, I couldn't see much of the balcony below us, so it has decent privacy, too.

We have one of the deck 5 corner afts on our next cruise. I'd rather not have the complete coverage. I think it will feel closed in, but the people who love them tell me it doesn't feel like that. So I'll find out this winter.