Door decorations!

msstarr22

I have decorated my door on cruises for the last 3 cruises now the guidelines make it impossible to create the designs I used to. Do they allow window clings? They say nothing about being flame retardant. I love showing my individuality! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have decorated my door on cruises for the last 3 cruises now the guidelines make it impossible to create the designs I used to. Do they allow window clings? They say nothing about being flame retardant. I love showing my individuality! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think window clings have no adhesives, which makes it allowable. But I am not too sure. Maybe ask where you will buy it from.

I think window clings have no adhesives, which makes it allowable. But I am not too sure. Maybe ask where you will buy it from.

Window cling on the door does leave an unseen residue. Trust me I had to have my front door refinished. It cleans easier off of glass but if not cleaned you will see a discolored area.

Do window clings meet the fire retardant standard? Was going to put them on our mirror but I'm not so sure they will be allowed

Sometimes the color from window clings will "bleed" onto other surfaces, such walls and doors. Even though Carnival doesn't specifically ban them from being used as door decorations, I would avoid putting them on your door. But you shouldn't have a problem putting them on a glass surface, such as a mirror or window. While I don't think they're highly flammable, I don't believe they're considered to be flame retardant either. The rules for decorating don't say anything about decorating you mirror, so you'll probably be alright with that.

Window cling on the door does leave an unseen residue. Trust me I had to have my front door refinished. It cleans easier off of glass but if not cleaned you will see a discolored area.

OP should not use it on the door then. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

We have always decorated our door. What are the new rules? Where are they?

We have always decorated our door. What are the new rules? Where are they?

As of October of 2016:

• Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable

• Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings

• You may use magnets and Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue that may leave a residue

• Over-the-door hanging organizers must hang inside the stateroom, must also be of fire retardant material and cannot damage the door

• No decorations of any kind are allowed on balconies

• No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite

No string lights of any kind

Please note, for the safety of all our guests and crew, any decorations not made of fire retardant material or deemed flammable, will be removed and no compensation will be provided.

Additionally, all stateroom decorations purchased via our Fun Shops will be made of fire retardant materials as of October 31, 2016. We invite your clients to visit our website www.carnival.com/funshops if they are interested in making a purchase.

There were many doors decorated on our Feb. Splendor cruise. I was kind of shocked, as I thought the crew would take the decorations down due to the new fire-retardant rules. (believe me - most, if not all of the decorations were not fire retardant- balloons, computer-generated signs, store bought signs, strings of lights, etc.) Nope - they were left up the whole cruise.

There were many doors decorated on our Feb. Splendor cruise. I was kind of shocked, as I thought the crew would take the decorations down due to the new fire-retardant rules. (believe me - most, if not all of the decorations were not fire retardant- balloons, computer-generated signs, store bought signs, strings of lights, etc.) Nope - they were left up the whole cruise.

I was a bit upset about this on our Vista cruise a week ago as well. We went out of our way to follow the new rules, creating a special banner for my Father in Laws 80th birthday. And after we got it up, meeting the new requirements to the letter I walked down the hall and saw at least 10 rooms with paper, tape, duct tap, and my favorite a string of flashing lights held on by duct tape...

The entire cruise these things were left there... I am not the type of person to go complain about that at guest services, but I seriously thought about it for the one that had all the little paper lanterns that looked like they might catch fire if people walked by to fast.....

I have used window clings in the past with no problem, other than sometimes they fall off the door and didn't stick very well.

What about this?? Will this work?? I specifically purchased this for my cruise in June was going to hang on the door with command strips.

269677587_doorsignforship.jpg.12e9fdbe08d9569af0842663f4c1aa7f.jpg