Amazon Prime Photos question

fletch1027

Good news and bad news...

You can post from Amazon Prime but there are some dance steps to do first.

Steps to link:

- Double-click anywhere on the thumbnail photo to enter the view mode (black background).

p863816323-3.jpg

- Right-click on displayed photo and choose "Open image in new tab"

p695384312-3.jpg

- Copy the address from the address bar in your browser"

p770977402-3.jpg

(Here's the part where we do some dancing)

The link address contains image dimensions

"https ://cnt-00.content-na.drive.amazonaws.com/cdproxy/templink...?viewBox=2685,1790"

Note the size. The original image is 6000x4000 and after checking several images, it seems that the site chooses the dimensions (in this case 2685x1790) based on some algorithm that doesn't seem to include the size of the browser window or screen resolution but varies based on the aspect of the original uploaded photo.

Changing the "viewBox=2685,1790" to "viewBox=1200,800" displayed the image at that size. If I only change the first number to 1200 and leave the second at 1790, it still displays the image at 1200x800 with the proper aspect ratio. I didn't play with it a lot but it seems to refer directly to horizontal and vertical maximum limits in HTML page code. More evidence that this is the case was when I re-sized a copy of the photo to 1000x667 and uploaded it to Prime Photos. The "Open image in new tab" address still says the same "viewBox=2685,1790" number but the photo displays at the 1000x667 size when displayed here. I was also able to change the dimensions on the original image to "viewBox=6000x4000" and display it full size. When I changed it to "viewBox=6000,1790" it displayed the image at 2685,1790 - limited to the max height of 1790.

Resized 1000x667photo with "viewBox=2684,1790":

XzZHTt7fr1dFoJLMR4RVERV4WMpA23gf1pLp0qo3O1ApX92IB?viewBox=2684,1790

Original "Open image in new tab" (viewBox=2684,1790) changed to viewBox=1200,1790:

_cbltIga5pJ8w2H90ZImr9icvsdzXWsfoZRk8TWtkzgpX92IB?viewBox=1200,1790

So, unless you upload the photos in a reduced, displayable size, you have to tweak the address to set the size you want before you post.

On the plus side, you can display a photo at any size up to the original resolution (though you'll probably get flamed for posting a 24MP photo at full res... :) )

Happy posting!

Dave

Edited by pierces

Thanks a lot for all of the work you put into your reply!

I'll either go this route or Flickr - which ever turns out to be easier... :)

Ulterior motive!

I am a Prime member and I think the Prime Photos may turn out to be a great added value. It is in about the same place Picasa Albums were at the beginning but Amazon seems to react to feedback pretty well.

We'll see.

Dave