Summit - Aqua Class - Deck 9

LDVinNC

Are these A2 cabins dark because of the overhang from the deck above? We do want a covered balcony, but worry these might be gloomy.

If you're a member of the Captain's Club you should be able to get a free upgrade from A2 to A1 if there are any available. It doesn't hurt to check with your TA or Celebrity if you booked directly.

I've stayed in two A1s on the Summit and Constellation this year. We loved both of the cabins. Can get sun but enough overhang for shade.

Just to provide another perspective, we don't care for the location of the A1 cabins. They are very far aft (in the back of the ship). Also, although there have been disagreeing reports, some people have reported that the outdoor theater is noisy and some of the balconies lack privacy.

Just to provide another perspective, we don't care for the location of the A1 cabins. They are very far aft (in the back of the ship). Also, although there have been disagreeing reports, some people have reported that the outdoor theater is noisy and some of the balconies lack privacy.

On our August cruise we were in an aft cabin overlooking the wake and did not hear the theater. This balcony had two lounge chairs, a regular chair with foot stool and a table.

Pina%20Colada%20enjoying%20the%20view_zpsiu9decq8.jpg

In February we were in 1139. We had absolutely no problems with privacy. They were the best cabins we've occupied while sailing.

Another prospective, many have complained about a lot of noise from above while on deck 9. However I have no personal experience since we prefer deck 11 on M Class ships.

Deck 11 cabins have an almost private elevator right to the middle of the buffet on deck 10 and the restaurants on decks 5 & 6 plus they're only 13 steps down the ladder to the sunset bar.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We have stayed in both - stateroom on deck 9 (9046) and deck 11 side and aft. Much much prefer deck 11 because I did not like the overhang at all. Not just that it takes away some light but the struts supporting the deck above are just a nightmare for photography...

Hi: I hope this may help. We were on the Oct 22 cruise from San Juan.

We were in cabin 9045. The picture of our room was taken when we arrived at 3:00pm. The room was not dark and no flash was used.

Hope this helps.

1327663818_20161022_143416(2).jpg.bc68e5de0ef8bf5d65dee8f3267a9b6d.jpg

Thanks to all for your replies. We have booked 9127 as we like to be close to elevators and stairs and I think it will work out just fine.. We both need to avoid too much sun exposure, so the A1's on Deck 11 are not for us.

Thanks to all for your replies. We have booked 9127 as we like to be close to elevators and stairs and I think it will work out just fine.. We both need to avoid too much sun exposure, so the A1's on Deck 11 are not for us.

I had the exact cabin, 9127, when I was on the Summit back in 2012. GREAT cabin!!!! It's quiet (even though it's near the elevators and stairs. Above is the cafe, but we didn't hear a single sound. The overhang does not darken the room and I prefer a shady balcony.

Monica