? about Magic

MtnDweller

My adult daughter and I are looking to do a Mom/Daughter trip. :) We are relatively new to cruising as we went on our first ever cruise this past February and we just debarked our 2nd cruise a couple of weeks ago. Both were with Carnival.

I am in the process of reading and learning the in's and out's of how Disney cruises work. I was looking at DCL's site today to price a cruise on the Magic. I was looking at a Deluxe Oceanview and I see that it has a queen bed listed. Even when I venture to the Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah, I see there's the queen bed again. Does the bed separate into 2 twin beds?

My adult daughter and I are looking to do a Mom/Daughter trip. :) We are relatively new to cruising as we went on our first ever cruise this past February and we just debarked our 2nd cruise a couple of weeks ago. Both were with Carnival.

I am in the process of reading and learning the in's and out's of how Disney cruises work. I was looking at DCL's site today to price a cruise on the Magic. I was looking at a Deluxe Oceanview and I see that it has a queen bed listed. Even when I venture to the Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah, I see there's the queen bed again. Does the bed separate into 2 twin beds?

No. Time was the main bed in the room was a queen bed comprised of two twins pushed together.

They've all been changed out. The main bed in all the rooms now is a queen bed.

The minimum number of beds available in any rooms is two - the queen bed (for 2 people) and a sofa bed (that sleeps one). Some rooms sleep 4 (adding a bunk bed above the sofa bed). And a few sleep 5 (murphy bed added).

The sofa bed, bunk bed, and murphy beds are all twin sized.

Edited by Shmoo here

No. Time was the main bed in the room was a queen bed comprised of two twins pushed together.

They've all been changed out. The main bed in all the rooms now is a queen bed.

The minimum number of beds available in any rooms is two - the queen bed (for 2 people) and a sofa bed (that sleeps one). Some rooms sleep 4 (adding a bunk bed above the sofa bed). And a few sleep 5 (murphy bed added).

The sofa bed, bunk bed, and murphy beds are all twin sized.

That's what I suspected. Thanks for the info and quick reply, Shmoo.

The sofa bed is not like a pull out sofa that you might have had at home in ancient times....it does not pull out. It does a flip thing that changes it from a sofa to a twin bed. It is the best sofa bed thing I've ever slept on. And the host will do the flip and replace it as a sofa.

yes, i was going to add that...

the sofa bed is an actual bed...

i think there are some videos where you can see this..

when i took my mom and sister on the disney Dream, i shared the queen bed with my mom and it was very comfortable..

my sister slept on the sofa or the murphy - i can't remember...

but she said it was very very comfortable - and she's a bit of a princess and the pea type, so if she says it was comfortable, then it really must have been....