Drinks Package Pricing

dl803

Hi, I have just had a frustrating conversation with RCI regarding the pricing of the drinks packages for a transpacific cruise. The advertised price for the Deluxe package on the cruise planner is $58 AUD per day. When I add the 18% gratuities to this it become $68.44 per day. The cruise is 18 nights but because of the international date line the itinerary shows 19 nights. Based on this my calculations bring the total to $$1231.92 however I have been charged $1302 (which works out to being charged at 19 nights). The supervisor at RCI insisted that the $1302 price is correctly charging based on 18 nights and that the advertised price of $58 is not for our sailing. I am correct to argue it's not charged correctly or are they right????

It's an 18 night cruise - Departs 10pm on day 1 and arrives 6:30am on last day. Looking at the itinrary it shows 19 nights but one of the nights is the international date line which is just a "rewind the date" day I understand due to the date differences between Hawaii and Australia. RCI acknowledge that the cruise is 18 nights and it's also advertised as 18 nights. My gripe with them is that the advertised prices on the cruise planner work out to be charging for 19 nights. They were adamant that the prices are calculated on 18 nights but said that the $58 advertised price does not apply to our cruise - I can not understand why that price is advertised on my cruise planner if it does not relate to my cruise!

You are going to repeat one day on your sailing when you cross the dateline. On ours, we repeated April 18. We went to bed at the end of the day on April 18 and woke up and it was April 18 all over again.

We drank on both days. :D

I think it is highly unlikely that they will include a "free" day of drinking on your Deluxe package cost. :D

Good luck with that though, and enjoy your cruise! :D:):D

Edited by Coralc