Plan to book Dawn at spring 2006

ray142

I am new to this board and this is my first posting. This board provides execellent information and I love it. I plan to book a cruise with Norwegian Dawn at spring 2006 and I never sailed on Norwegian before. Few questions: (1) Just wonder when will be 2006 spring break in United State? Try to avoid it. (2) Can I book several nights on specialty restaurants at same time or one at a time only at the day before? (3) On port days will kid centre re-open at night? Thanks in advance.

I think spring break is different across the United States. Where I live the kids have off February 20 - 24 - Mid-Winter Recess and April 10 - 17 - Spring Recess. South might be different than the North etc. etc.

We too have never sailed Norwegian Dawn. We booked a cruise for 3/26-4/6. Hope this helps.

I am new to this board and this is my first posting. This board provides execellent information and I love it. I plan to book a cruise with Norwegian Dawn at spring 2006 and I never sailed on Norwegian before. Few questions: (1) Just wonder when will be 2006 spring break in United State? Try to avoid it. (2) Can I book several nights on specialty restaurants at same time or one at a time only at the day before? (3) On port days will kid centre re-open at night? Thanks in advance.

1) Spring break info: http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

2) You can book all of your dinner reservations when you board.

3) Can't help with kids center - my kids are now adults!

We are booked for the Dawn's Eastern Caribbean cruise on 6th April. There are now no cabins above AE category available so the ship is filling up. I would suggest that if you choose to sail at this time of year you book sooner rather than later to be able to get the cabin of your choice.

It is most likely the college spring break season you want to avoid - and someone posted the link to that. It is earlier than one might expect, from late Feb through March.

Many younger kids are on vacation one of the first 2 weeks of April.

If you want to avoid kids altogether, wait until end of April/May.

Thanks for all replies. I have just called TA and get a quote for March 16 to Eastern. I will call NCL directly at next few days to compare the price. As far as I can tell, their prices are very close.:rolleyes:

Archived