Free at sea

Hothams

Wondering the best way to use my free at sea options. I have 1 for the inside stateroom and 2 for the balcony. I'm the only one who drinks, I'll have my 3 kids , dont think we'd utilize the dining I think the Internet would be utilized. If my husband who's booked w the 2 kids did the unlimited drink package the kids would automatically get one as well, but would I be able to use his drink card? It wouldn't use the credit as wisely If I did it In the balcony w my 7 year old.... am i making sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want the beverage perk for yourself, you should select the beverage perk for your cabin. There is no advantage to getting it for your husband's cabin, because only one child will get the soda package either way. And you should not count on being able to use your husband's card for anything on board.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

If neither of you drinks much, do gratuities for both and Internet for the balcony. If one of u drinks enough to be worth more than the service fee and Internet, put that person in the balcony w the child that drinks the most soda and pick drinks as the second per. No, if one adult gets the drinks, the other adult can't use their card for drinks. Same with the kids.

Prepaid Gratuities all the way. Unless you drink a ton, none of the other packages are worth it for us.

This logic doesn't make sense-- you're only paying about $14 per day for the drink package: 1 drink (with NCL prices) pretty much covers it. I wouldn't categorize more than one drink "a ton".

I do agree that the gratuities are a great perk.

This logic doesn't make sense-- you're only paying about $14 per day for the drink package: 1 drink (with NCL prices) pretty much covers it. I wouldn't categorize more than one drink "a ton".

I do agree that the gratuities are a great perk.

I think its because the drink package really costs you $24 a day per person when prepaid gratuities is an option - (not getting prepaid gratuities with that perk and paying the service charge). So, $168ish pp on a 7 day cruise. We may have to define drinking "a ton", but I certainly won't spend $168 in drinks on a cruise unless I had OBC to kill or the beverage package. Not everyone has a drink every day, especially at NCL's exorbitant prices when you can drink in port for a fraction of the price.

So I'm thinking the service charge for both rooms and internet as the extra option. Does anyone know when we need to make our selection? I keep checking our messages so I don't miss a message about it. I'm thinking about using the on board credit to just but the soda packages for the kids and the occasional drink for myself... how do I redeem the obc?

So I'm thinking the service charge for both rooms and internet as the extra option, thanks for your suggestions!when we need to make our selection? I keep checking our messages so I don't miss a message about it. I'm thinking about using the on board credit to just but the soda packages for the kids and the occasional drink for myself... how do I redeem the obc?

So I'm thinking the service charge for both rooms and internet as the extra option, thanks for your suggestions!when we need to make our selection? I keep checking our messages so I don't miss a message about it. I'm thinking about using the on board credit to just but the soda packages for the kids and the occasional drink for myself... how do I redeem the obc?

You make the selection when you book-- it sounds like you already booked, so you need to ask for your "amenity" confirmation.

As long as your purchase is on board, your OBC will be automatically applied--

I think its because the drink package really costs you $24 a day per person when prepaid gratuities is an option - (not getting prepaid gratuities with that perk and paying the service charge).

Not if she has two perks with the balcony.

Edited by denatravels

Not if she has two perks with the balcony.

If she chooses the drink package as a perk, she is giving up another perk. So yes, in the balcony she could choose prepaid grats and the beverage package. But then she would have to pay for internet, which it sounds like she will either way. The point being that to take the beverage perk you are losing the potential value of another perk.

Now for us we didn't. When we booked our perk options were SDP, UBP, shore excursion credit, and internet. We will never use the shore excursion credit and would never pay for internet and don't really assign any value to it. So, all the UBP cost us was the service charge, which I thought was reasonable for what we drink. Now, if we had prepaid grats as an option, it might have changed the equation or if we could have used the 3rd and 4th sail free.

OP - perks are chosen when you booked, so your perks are already chosen. You will need to find out what perks where chosen when you booked and change them. No reason to not do it now, since it appears you have made up your mind.

I'm lost a little. I'm in an Inside and my parents are in a Balcony. I've got the UBP and my parents have the UBP and the internet.

Does that mean that both parents have the UBP?

When reading through, I'm getting a little confused.

Saying that myself and my Mum doesn't drink alcohol but our cruise price included the gratuities. As we are in UK, I know it's a little different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has me wondering if the OP may have booked guarantee staterooms. Since she did not have the option to chose perks, this may be the reason. Most of the lowest guarantees do not have perks, She should have had the option to pick perks with booking if the cabins came with them (perks).

I was told that the UBP and internet automatically gets chosen and that you can let your TA know if you want different after the booking is made.

Again this is in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I did not book guarantee rooms- I paid for the balcony and inside stateroom

W the TA... I'll call NCL Tomorrow to find out how to correct this!!!

That is good. I would not have wanted you to be surprised. Sorry, I was just thinking out loud.