Airfare $$$ may force us to cancel

momperson2

The gas would cost about $350.00 for that distance round trip, I just did Myrtle Beach for a week of golf with 3 other guys in a vehicle from Toronto.

Add 4 nights accommodation at $75.00 a night on the road plus meals so no real savings and you would need a vacation when you get back to rest from all that driving.

Just watch for flight deals they will come.

Don't know why you're telling me-- it wasn't my idea to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since the OP has not returned does anyone else think she may have realized she was mistaken concerning the fare she was seeing?

Not likely that it would cost $1500-$1800 for that domestic (Detroit to FLL) even for First Class this far out.

A lot of good suggestions.

I see that kind of error sometimes when airlines are in the process of making changes.

Edited by jagoffee

Since the OP has not returned does anyone else think she may have realized she was mistaken concerning the fare she was seeing?

Not likely that it would cost $1500-$1800 for that domestic (Detroit to FLL) even for First Class this far out.

I see that kind of error sometimes when airlines are in the process of making changes.

Maybe OP has found a more realistic fare.

Agreed. No way $1500-$1800.

I did a quick search on one of the big online companies:

Several options throughout the day, both nonstop and 1-stop.

First Class - $376 - $604 pp

Coach - $197 - $377 pp (add $45 pp for extended leg room)

We cruise often with my sister who flies from Detroit. We are in Columbus, OH and generally fly Southwest to FLL because it's the only airline with direct flights for us. However, my sister flying from DTW usually gets flight in the same price range. If it's a huge difference, she'll drive the four hours to Columbus and take advantage of Southwest. It's a lot better than driving from Detroit to Ft. Lauderdale!