Is balcony worth the extra pay?

joern

Hi

Came back from our first cruise a few weeks ago. It was fantastic. We sailed the Splendida in a balcony cabin and had allegrissimo drink package.

Now we are looking to book again in february, but prices are very high. Guess that it must be high season in the Caribibean and around Dubai? Unfortunately Divina from Miami on feb 11 have sold out all balcony cabins, so what we can get now is a Bella Oceanview. So my questions are:

Prices are a lot lower in inside and oceanview, but will we regret that choice?

Is Bella ok? I'm concerned that we can't get the first seating

We are travelling with a 17 year old child and MSC have very great children discount, and we were very pleased with MSC so would prefer to be loyal, but having only week 7 to travel in, should I perhaps look at other lines?

I think you should ask yourself how much you used the balcony on your first cruise, and take it from there. If you used the balcony a lot then would you miss it? If you didn't use it then do you need it?

I've cruised in inside, ocean view, balcony and suite cabins. I'd never do an inside again, but would consider ocean view as at least you still get daylight in your room.

If they do assign you second sitting you can always ask the maitre d' if you can change, and if not maybe some snacks in the buffet or wine bar before the second sitting dinner would be ok?

We used ours a lot. It was lovely to sit on it in the morning for coffee and to watch new island gradually come into view. It was also nice last thing at night to sit with a night cap!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi

Came back from our first cruise a few weeks ago. It was fantastic. We sailed the Splendida in a balcony cabin and had allegrissimo drink package.

Now we are looking to book again in february, but prices are very high. Guess that it must be high season in the Caribibean and around Dubai? Unfortunately Divina from Miami on feb 11 have sold out all balcony cabins, so what we can get now is a Bella Oceanview. So my questions are:

Prices are a lot lower in inside and oceanview, but will we regret that choice?

Is Bella ok? I'm concerned that we can't get the first seating

We are travelling with a 17 year old child and MSC have very great children discount, and we were very pleased with MSC so would prefer to be loyal, but having only week 7 to travel in, should I perhaps look at other lines?

If you want balcony just call them and ask for one. I don't really believe all sold out. .Regarding your question it's hard to say. How much time you spend on your balcony? Yes,it's nice to have, but if money is issue better book something cheaper and spend rest of money for drinks and excursions.

Thanks for all your comments. We are only able to travel in week 7 and Divina is almost sold out. Only Inside cabins available. Were looking for cruises around Dubai in stead, but they are too expensive, so we decided to wait untill late june or early july and look for a good offer in either Caribean or Mediteranean

Thanks for all your comments. We are only able to travel in week 7 and Divina is almost sold out. Only Inside cabins available. Were looking for cruises around Dubai in stead, but they are too expensive, so we decided to wait untill late june or early july and look for a good offer in either Caribean or Mediteranean

My husband and I love to cruise. We have cruised inside, outside, balcony, and mini-suite (NCL). For us, I would rather be crusing than NOT cruise, so if the price of the balcony is too high, we don't book it. On our upcoming MSC cruise, we are doing inside rooms. We are taking our kids, so we had to get two rooms, and we know we won't use the rooms much. The advantage of an inside room is that it has THE BEST SLEEPING beause it is so dark. We are also booked on an NCL cruise for June and it is without our kids. I booked an outside room because of the cost of balcony rooms. I am hoping we can upgrade, but if we can't, it will be fine. For us, the room is just not as important as all of the other parts of the cruise. But, that is where you have to evaluate what you value.