Valor is stepping in for Liberty!!!

shallow1

Just got an email from CCL saying that our June '17 cruise will be aboard the Valor!! Liberty going to do much shorter cruises out of Florida. The Valor layout looks very similar, if not the same as Liberty?!?!?!

It's a cruise and not work~~~so we will roll with it!!

Edited by shallow1

I'm a little disappointed, because we love the Liberty. Re-booked on her intentionally, but a cruise is a cruise!! We were hoping to have the same bartenders at the Alchemy bar. LOVED them!!

However, we booked next to my inlaws, and were particular about our room, I hope the rooms transfer over the same.

Does anyone know about the Valor steakhouse? We loved it on the Liberty. Wondering if it is the same.

I'm a little disappointed, because we love the Liberty. Re-booked on her intentionally, but a cruise is a cruise!! We were hoping to have the same bartenders at the Alchemy bar. LOVED them!!

However, we booked next to my inlaws, and were particular about our room, I hope the rooms transfer over the same.

Does anyone know about the Valor steakhouse? We loved it on the Liberty. Wondering if it is the same.

The Liberty and the Valor are quite similiar in design and layout as are the the Glory, Freedom and Conquest. Steakhouse is the same (Great). May be minor differences in the old fish & chips redo over the buffet. Cabins are mostly in the same place, may be slight difference if any, at the very bow and aft.

Main difference to me is the Liberty decor was less garish and in your face Farcus than the Valor.

Although we love Liberty, Valor is the ship that brought us back to Carnival with a fantastic 8 day cruise, we are very happy about the switch especially as we had a B-to-B booked on Liberty and now it will be Valor:) and we stayed with Carnival (even though we are D+ on Royal) and are now Diamonds on Carnival.

Edited by jst

Just got an email from CCL saying that our June '17 cruise will be aboard the Valor!! Liberty going to do much shorter cruises out of Florida. The Valor layout looks very similar, if not the same as Liberty?!?!?!

It's a cruise and not work~~~so we will roll with it!!

We've been on both Valor and Liberty...layouts of both are identical and the only difference is the decor. Loved both. Say hello to Valor for me...I miss my old friend. :)

We've been on both Valor and Liberty...layouts of both are identical and the only difference is the decor. Loved both. Say hello to Valor for me...I miss my old friend. :)

Thank you! We are excited to see how the Valor treats us, lol!!! We loved the Liberty for our first ever cruise and I am sure the Valor will be great!

Although we love Liberty, Valor is the ship that brought us back to Carnival with a fantastic 8 day cruise, we are very happy about the switch especially as we had a B-to-B booked on Liberty and now it will be Valor:) and we stayed with Carnival (even though we are D+ on Royal) and are now Diamonds on Carnival.

Just curios if anyone has a valor booking for Saturday January 14th 2017 departure, I was about to book a group for that sail date on Liberty and Carnival still dos not have Valor listed for bookings on the website yet.

Thanks

Just curios if anyone has a valor booking for Saturday January 14th 2017 departure, I was about to book a group for that sail date on Liberty and Carnival still dos not have Valor listed for bookings on the website yet.

Thanks

Thanks

Ive not been able to access my reservation for that sailing since Monday so I'm sure they are still moving everything over.

Thanks

We are on that cruise. My final payment was due yesterday, but with all the booking stuff off line I was unable to make it. I called and was told to wait till Friday and try again. I was assured that our cruise wouldn't be canceled due to non-payment.

I'm glad I called and received that asurance. This morning I got a standard email warning me that my cruise will be canceled tomorrow if payment hasn't been made!

Here's the link to the Carnival information on the ship switch: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4218

Was booked for Liberty in February but now sailing Valor. Loved Liberty but always happy to try a different ship...notice that many here have said the deck plans are identical...however I am seeing that the Valor has the RedFrog Pub in addition to the RedFrog Rum Bar.

Can anyone confirm this? I know Valor was dry docked in May so I'm sure some things change.

Loved my time on Liberty, but I'll admit, I missed the Pub haha

I am cruising with a large group of ladies on January 14th. I called Carnival last Saturday when I received my email that the Liberty and Valor would be switching places. I was told at that time I would not be able to access my booking online and would have to call and speak with a representative to make payments and such. My sail date isn't even showing up online. So, I made a couple of final payments yesterday the 15th. I am relieved to be done with payments. I was also told that the booking should show up again around the end of November. Every booking will have a new booking number and you will also get your cabin number. I am hopeful all our cabins stay the same. I would call and make your final payment. Just my opinion. Can't wait to sail on Valor!

Vicki