Laminai or Chacchoben Ruins

mom22tinks

I'm trying to decide between Laminai ruins in Belize or Chacchoben Ruins in Costa Maya. Has anyone done both? It's me and hubby and my 2 teenage girls, 14 and 16. Thank you!

We have done both. We enjoyed the Lamanai ruins the best. We booked through Island Marketing Ltd and had a wonderful time. You ride a high speed boat up the river to the ruins. We were able to climb to top of one of the Pyramids which was a great experience. There is a troop of Howler monkeys which were fun to listen to. They fed you a Belize lunch afterwards. Its an all day trip but we got back in plenty of time. This is one of the best excursions we have taken out of 11 cruises.

I have done Xanantunich and Altun Ha from Belize and Lamanai is on my to visit list.

I couldn't recommend Altun Ha those ruins were small, ill patched and insignificant. Chachobben was meh. Lamanai is supposed to be more expansive than Xanantunich which was awesome.

I've also visited Chichen Itza, and Tulum several times each, Coba and El Balam, but they were reached on land vacations.

Edited by evandbob

We have only visited Lamanai, but I will say the site is well worth a visit. Our tour was similar to that of Big Tillie's--boat ride, tour of the extensive grounds and ruins, an opportunity to walk to the top of one of the pyramids and lunch. It makes for a very long day, but a worthwhile one.

We have done both. We enjoyed the Lamanai ruins the best. We booked through Island Marketing Ltd and had a wonderful time. You ride a high speed boat up the river to the ruins. We were able to climb to top of one of the Pyramids which was a great experience. There is a troop of Howler monkeys which were fun to listen to. They fed you a Belize lunch afterwards. Its an all day trip but we got back in plenty of time. This is one of the best excursions we have taken out of 11 cruises.

We did the Lamanai excursion too and the whole family agreed this is the best excursion we've ever done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing! Looking forward to seeing the sights myself in January.

Thanks for taking the time to view my wife's pictures. She enjoys taking pictures on all of our cruises and sharing them on her website.

Have a great cruise.