HARMONY - tips and pics from 1st US sailing 11/5/16

Next October is our anniversary/family cruise and DH and I booked 12329 (last one on deck 12) and was concerned about the "obstruction" marking on that cabin. I've seen a picture of the view from the cabin you had and don't think the obstructed view was all that bad. As long as we can see some ocean, feel breezes, and check out the weather conditions, we should enjoy our cabin. Were you ok with the obstructed view on the other side?

Some pics from our Boardwalk Balcony, 11729

IMG_6090%202_zpslafp3mpi.jpg

All the way left on the balcony of 11729

IMG_6089%202_zpsooy2eogh.jpg

Best view on the balcony of 11729 to view the aqua theater

IMG_6088%202_zpsu4scwppb.jpg

Looking toward the ocean on the balcony of 11729

IMG_6087%202_zpsisjlrvjp.jpg

All the way to the right on the balcony of 11729

IMG_6086%202_zps19ovjlqz.jpg

Looking down to the boardwalk of 11729

Edited by raprice18

Yes, the soda cup was in my cabin along with the wine and letter. I thought the reason Central Park balconies were given a $30 OBC may have been the logistics of trying to squeeze in all those eligible for free Jamie's lunches on the 3-day cruise. I'm a little surprised Royal didn't do this for the Boardwalk balconies but maybe Johnny Rockets could handle the volume with a quicker turnover and more seating perhaps.

I've never experienced a Boardwalk cabin. I'm up in the air about my March booking. It's for a Boardwalk balcony but a HA one on deck 14 close to under the zip line landing. Just not sure about this ship for my husband.

~ Judy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I were talking this morning. We've sailed all three Oasis class ships. Allure is his favorite Oasis class ship. He said even with the new restaurants and water and dry slides, he'd rather sail on Allure again. But always in the Boardwalk Balcony.

I think Jaime's is a better perk than Johnny Rockets, and the bottle of wine.

Thank you all for the compliments- I'm glad you found this mini review helpful.

For your first time on an Oasis class ship, best tips are: make your reservations as soon as they open for your sailing, study the deck plans ahead of time, don't try to do everything, go with the flow and enjoy!

With the mobile passport app, just do all the steps but the submit whenever you have a chance rather than waiting until the last day. Then all you have to do is connect to wifi and press submit anytime within 4 hours of going through customs at Port Everglades.

~ Judy

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Judy

We would really like to take advantage of the Mobile Passport App.

Question: Is the wifi free or is one charged for connecting to the Mobile Passport App?

Thanks for the review. Loved the pictures. We are leaving in 2 weeks and can't wait!

Did you happen to notice if they still had an ice cream shop on the Boardwalk? I know the Allure and Oasis do but I think Starbucks is over there now.

Thanks!

Hi Judy

We would really like to take advantage of the Mobile Passport App.

Question: Is the wifi free or is one charged for connecting to the Mobile Passport App?

You have to connect to your own wifi or cellular network to submit and receive the QR receipt on an IOS or Android device that can connect to the internet, a process that takes seconds. A couple of hours after I docked, I turned my iPhone's cellular data on, enabling it for the mobile passport app. Checking the app now, it shows that at 8:21am I submitted and received my receipt which was valid for 4 hours.

You can (and should) fill out the profile info ahead of time without being connected.

More info here: http://mobilepassport.us including a list of airports using this service.

~ Judy

Thanks for the review. Loved the pictures. We are leaving in 2 weeks and can't wait!

Did you happen to notice if they still had an ice cream shop on the Boardwalk? I know the Allure and Oasis do but I think Starbucks is over there now.

Thanks!

Nope, there is no ice cream shop on Harmony's Boardwalk. (No Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promenade either.) Other than the soft serve machines and MDR options, there is possibility of gelato at Sorrentos and Johnny Rocket offerings (floats, sundaes).

~ Judy

You have to connect to your own wifi or cellular network to submit and receive the QR receipt on an IOS or Android device that can connect to the internet, a process that takes seconds. A couple of hours after I docked, I turned my iPhone's cellular data on, enabling it for the mobile passport app. Checking the app now, it shows that at 8:21am I submitted and received my receipt which was valid for 4 hours.

You can (and should) fill out the profile info ahead of time without being connected.

More info here: mobilepassport.us including a list of airports using this service.

~ Judy

Thank you so much. You have been most helpful.

Nope, there is no ice cream shop on Harmony's Boardwalk. (No Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promenade either.) Other than the soft serve machines and MDR options, there is possibility of gelato at Sorrentos and Johnny Rocket offerings (floats, sundaes).

~ Judy

Well that's a bummer! Thanks for letting me know!

Port Everglades CBP also has a Global Entry line for those who have it. However, there is no kiosk, so you need to bring the card that Global Entry sent to you, in addition to your passport. We walked around everyone, there is a security person who will let you in, its in the corner for the Harmony's terminal.

If you get a chance to notice- what kinds of diet soda are onboard? Just cola? Sprite/7-up?

While I had the refreshment package, I didn't drink any sofa. I don't know what the bars carry but if you get any beverage package you'll get a soda cup to use for Harmony's freestyle soda machines. They offer zero and diet coke and sprite in a slew of different flavors, as well as diet root beer and all kinds of stuff.

~ Judy