Escape-vibe pass

pugsammy

We just got off getaway, but I'm sure it's similar to escape. We were in line to get 2 passes at 1:30pm. The couple right before us got the last two! We were very disappointed, particularly because we literally missed the passes within seconds. BUT we found a really nice not crowded space on the top deck (17 on getaway) in the front. We loved it! There was even shade along the wall. We will try to get passes next time. Good luck! You never know, so definitely try to get them at 2!

Sorry for my post but I haven't cruised NCL in a while. What is a Vibe pass? We just booked Escape for September. Thanks

VIBE is an adult-only section of the ship that has limited access. Passes are available on a "first come, first serve" basis which is why so many people arrive early to improve their chances of getting one/two.

It is also an area that provides better service since the weekly passes allow the staff to connect better with guests. There is an exclusive bar as well as better/upgraded loungers on that part of the sundeck. The limited number of guests means no issue with "chair hogs" since there are loungers for each VIBE guest.

There is also a hot-tub which will obviously not be as crowded as the public hot-tubs. It is located on the other side of the wall of the Haven sundeck. Some Haven guests also get a VIBE pass to ensure an uncrowded and child-free area that even the Haven cannot guarantee. It's easier for Haven guests to secure a pass since they can board earlier and can (unofficially) also use the concierge to possibly secure a pass even if the Haven guest arrives after passes are supposedly sold-out.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

• 3 weeks later...
We are sailing on Escape on Dec. 24. I'm hoping to buy Vibe passes. I called NCL, and they told me I would buy at guest relations. On CC, I've seen buy at Headliners. Anyone know? Thank you!

On the Escape, they are sold at Headliners. The comedy club. Deck 6 mid-ship. You still have to be one of the very first people to board the ship and make your way down to Deck 6 mid-ship. Since NCL uses both Terminal B and Terminal C to embark the Escape, you have to hope that your terminal starts boarding first.

Edited by BirdTravels

On the Escape, they are sold at Headliners. The comedy club. Deck 6 mid-ship. You still have to be one of the very first people to board the ship and make your way down to Deck 6 mid-ship. Since NCL uses both Terminal B and Terminal C to embark the Escape, you have to hope that your terminal starts boarding first.

Thanks for confirming. We don't have status with NCL, so we won't be among first to board, but we will arrive early. Do you have any idea if we should try terminal B or C? What time do you think we should arrive to have any shot? Thanks!

Thanks for confirming. We don't have status with NCL, so we won't be among first to board, but we will arrive early. Do you have any idea if we should try terminal B or C? What time do you think we should arrive to have any shot? Thanks!

You will have to board from whatever terminal you are assigned. You don't get to choose B or C. Your cruise documents will tell you.

I've said repeatedly on there that the stories of them selling out within minutes are simply false. Yes, they do sell out most the time. More often than not, it takes a few hours for this to happen. Board as soon as you can, go to Headliners right away and buy your passes. And stop stressing about it.

You will have to board from whatever terminal you are assigned. You don't get to choose B or C. Your cruise documents will tell you.

I've said repeatedly on there that the stories of them selling out within minutes are simply false. Yes, they do sell out most the time. More often than not, it takes a few hours for this to happen. Board as soon as you can, go to Headliners right away and buy your passes. And stop stressing about it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2428635

Yes. I had already read that before I even responded here. You might take that to mean that they always sell out very quickly, but I am smarter than that. Besides, that post doesn't even say that.

99% of the time, they take a little while to sell out. You will have a very hard time finding many posts that contradict that. If you do, feel free to quote them, and I will still stand by my post, because I read a lot here.

Anyway, to the OP - if told they are sold out, go back later in the day and try again. Sometimes a Haven gofer will grab some, and then they aren't needed. On each of our cruises with a Vibe, we have met people who purchased them either late in the day, or even the next day in one case.

It's o.k. not missing much.

That is one persons opinion. We have taken advantage of the Vibe Beach club on our last few cruises and loved everything about it. It was an especially nice thing on our Escape cruise as it was so crowded due to having 4,800 passengers that week.