New year's eve on the jade

GGBOXERS

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

I will be sailing on the Jade when the clock strikes midnight and a brand new year begins!

Since I have never done a holiday cruise before, what might I expect in the way of celebrations, dress, food, etc.?

Thanks in advance! This will be my 4th cruise but my first with Norwegian and during the holidays (Dec. 26 - Jan. 3, 2017).

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

I will be sailing on the Jade when the clock strikes midnight and a brand new year begins!

Since I have never done a holiday cruise before, what might I expect in the way of celebrations, dress, food, etc.?

Thanks in advance! This will be my 4th cruise but my first with Norwegian and during the holidays (Dec. 26 - Jan. 3, 2017).

We did Christmas and New Years on the Jade in 2014. We still think it was the best time of all our cruises. My son still talks about how surprised he was that the crew joined the New Years party. Lots of people dressed up.

Make dinner reservations early. It gets busy as everyone wants to be in the atrium for midnight countdown. The room stewards passed glasses of champagne to everyone. Lots of crew joined in on the fun. The room steward also left hats and noise makers on our bed when he did the turn down service.

Have a great time!

I've been on several New Year's cruises. These are my favorite cruises, and we've got one booked for this New Year's again!

At dinner, they put a party hat and noisemaker by your dinner plate. People do dress up more than usual. Expect that EVERYONE will be out, so bars are crowded (my dad found this aspect to be frustrating), but everyone's in the mood to have fun, so just roll with it.

When it gets late, there will be a deck party by the big screen with free champagne, and they'll show the ball dropping in New York City for the countdown. They'll follow that with a dance party, with the dance crew leading the group with line dances and things like that for 20 minutes or so, with some freestyle dancing for awhile afterward.

Last time I was on a New Year's cruise, the cruise director's entertainment crew went to the dance lounge after that to lead some fun silly adult games.

It's a fun night because everyone's friendly and ready to enjoy a party.

The ship will be subdued the next morning. ;)

Have a great cruise!

We did Christmas and New Years on the Jade in 2014. We still think it was the best time of all our cruises. My son still talks about how surprised he was that the crew joined the New Years party. Lots of people dressed up.

Make dinner reservations early. It gets busy as everyone wants to be in the atrium for midnight countdown. The room stewards passed glasses of champagne to everyone. Lots of crew joined in on the fun. The room steward also left hats and noise makers on our bed when he did the turn down service.

Have a great time!

Not sure about the "early" part for dinner. Our reservations are for 8:30pm. I think that is perfect to get to the festivities. Earlier would just be too early. Also, try the pool deck for countdown. It is so nice being outside, and they should have a dance party going as well.

Edited by Sissaaaaaa