Gem 8588 Help

Jme4166

Good morning all! We were just able to change to a Obstructed Oceanview room from an inside for no extra. I was wondering if anyone has any recent pictures or info on The Gems 8588. Thank you so much in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's obstructed, LOL - portside, AFT with a very short walk to altrium lobby below and O'Shehans for comfort food, elevators for the buffet & easy steps down to the two MDR for breakfast, lunch & dinner. It will sleep 2 with the beddings - no extra pullman or trestle bed in the way.

Not much as been changed with the recent drydock for the staterooms, from what I've been tracking - it has been previously upgraded to a newer HDTV monitor. Coffeemaker no longer included, but ask your RS on embarkation day and usually s/he can get you one.

Similar to this - http://www.best-cruise-lines.com/wp-content/gallery/norwegian-gem-staterooms/norwegian-gem_oceanview-with-obstructed-view.jpg

Obstructions varied - this is fairly typical. What's nice is that you get natural lights from the outside. There's a crew-access only, narrow "walkway" outside these staterooms as it's next to the lifeboats, where uniformed crews are known to do maintenance, safety inspections and even painting to keep the rust away - especially while docked or anchored. Close your curtains while sleeping and/or changing, etc. if you cherish privacy, although they aren't peeking into every staterooms from the exterior as they go about doing their work.

Nice upgrade from an inside, especially at no charge and/or if there're recent price drops - and it is slightly bigger than the inside. Happy cruising ;)

I had this room on the Pearl, so it should look the same.

I'll look for some pictures when I get home from work. We loved the room and the size (it's an Accessible cabin). Fair warning though, the shower very easily floods so lay down some towels!

I stand corrected, however, re-checking the GEM's deck plan #8 - Stateroom 8588 is NOT one of the 8 accessible stateroom, which are roomier with the oversized bathroom & roll-in shower/wet floor (as we've been in those on the Jewel and the Star). There are 8 of those obstructed OV for accessible booking, further back - pass the sideway OV cabins, also obstructed and they are closest/next to the AFT elevators, just behind O'Sheehans (above the altrium lobby) - 4 on starboard and 4 on port side.

Above OV cabins is just a "regular" obstructed ones and according to NCL's posted deckplan, this is for double occupancy only.

Edited by mking8288

Good morning all! We were just able to change to a Obstructed Oceanview room from an inside for no extra. I was wondering if anyone has any recent pictures or info on The Gems 8588. Thank you so much in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's larger than an Inside Cabin. It's centrally located with easy access to the Atrium and O'Sheean's, but it's a fairly useless window with no view. You might as well keep the drapes closed.

It's larger than an Inside Cabin. It's centrally located with easy access to the Atrium and O'Sheean's, but it's a fairly useless window with no view. You might as well keep the drapes closed.

I had a OB cabin on deck 8 and I could see some of the sea and sky. Great location to O'Sheenan's.