Bar Menus

Tedferg

First X cruise Mar 4 2017, Reflection.

Sorry folks this must have been asked a thousand times but I cannot find a thread.

Is there a link to Bar Menus ?

Are Bar Menus the same in all Bars / MDR / Specialty ?

Trying to evaluate Classic Bev package. Seadog posted an Opus menu in his excellent Reflection review and only one cocktail and one glass of wine would fit $8 or less.

Related question - we both have Classic Bev perk can I upgrade to Premium and DW stay with Classic ? Looks like Classic options are limited so we probably will both upgrade.

Sorry folks this must have been asked a thousand times but I cannot find a thread.

Trying to evaluate Classic Bev package. Seadog posted an Opus menu in his excellent Reflection review and only one cocktail and one glass of wine would fit $8 or less.

Related question - we both have Classic Bev perk can I upgrade to Premium and DW stay with Classic ? Looks like Classic options are limited so we probably will both upgrade.

I don't have any menus but the limit for wines is $ 9 under the classic package.

It costs $11.80 pp/day to upgrade. If you wait until you are onboard, you can use any onboard credit you have towards this cost. As others have said, you both don't need to upgrade and you don't have to to buy it on the first day, so you could take a day or two to decide for yourself.

The Preisman's have a great review site with menus from each bar on the ships that they have sailed, which will give you an idea. Note that some of their cruises originated in Europe, where the gratuity price is included in the drink price (and drink package limits are increased to compensate for that): http://thepreismans.com

Cheers,

All the bars have unique drinks for that bar - but the bartenders all know how to mix any of the drinks from any of the bars.

As far as the premium package vs the classic - go for the upgrade. A cruise is not the time to try and economize (cheap out). A cruise is a luxury that should be enjoyed to the maximum.

All the bars have unique drinks for that bar - but the bartenders all know how to mix any of the drinks from any of the bars.

As far as the premium package vs the classic - go for the upgrade. A cruise is not the time to try and economize (cheap out). A cruise is a luxury that should be enjoyed to the maximum.

You are absolutely right, we bought Bev Package on recent Princess cruise and DW, who is a 'glass of white wine before dinner and one with dinner' person, enjoyed sampling various cocktails before dinner.

I enjoy the planning and research, so this is just me digging in to the details and looking forward to a cruise line and itinerary we have not used before.

We are on the same cruise and have a roll call set up if you haven't joined it yet. Can't wait!

I had the classic and found the wine choices to vary between dining room and bars. Some not listed on a menu. As our two week cruise progressed I know I was offered some wines that were actually over the price limit. ( Especially in the mdr. during traditional seating.)

Prices of mixed cocktails are mostly dependent on the brand of liquor used. No bad choices even in classic.

The Martini bar serves premium large martinis. So if that is your favorite, go to premium pkg.

I'd upgrade once on board if you see the need.