Quick help please!! Which night is formal night on Indy 5 day 4 night cruise?

Hi! I'm interested in the Bogo deal online. He has never cruised so I want to show him as many highlights as I can in a short amount of time so that he wants to do this again for a longer time :p . I've only done Chops and Portofino's and they were awesome. He is a steak and potatoes kind of all American guy so I think he would really enjoy two nights of specialty restaurants and two nights of MDR. We are doing formal night though outfit wise so I guess I want to make sure we are in the mdr for that night. The Bogo deal stipulates we must dine in specialty restaurants for night 1 and 2. Does anyone know when formal night would be on this cruise? And if it's night 1 or 2 does it matter if we dress up formal and go to a specialty? Thanks!!

Not to worry about dressing up any night. We always dress up for specialty restaurants even though it is smart casual. Do what makes you feel good and don't worry about others and their opinions. You paid for the cruise, enjoy.

Thank you!! Would you know by chance if they have special menus in the specialty restaurants for formal night? Do they typically have lobster?

No special menus for formal nights. There is always lobster available for an additional charge. On the longer cruises that serve complimentary lobster on the second formal night we have been able to request a couple of the complimentary tails with our meal. We did request this the day before.